Finding spear shafts UK
So this has probably been asked before but does anyone know where I can find spear shafts, the only thing I can find is spear heads.

Fairly new to this as a heads up.
Re: Finding spear shafts UK
I get mine from Jason at Wielandforge. He normally has some which he takes to Torm (reenactors market).

Ben Brewer wrote:
So this has probably been asked before but does anyone know where I can find spear shafts, the only thing I can find is spear heads.

Fairly new to this as a heads up.
Jason at Wieland is a good source, there are a couple of other guys who will sell at markets as well.

Otherwise most timber yards can sell you a length of ash, so ask them to cut down a 35mm x 35mm x 2400mm (or whatever you want) length of ash that is reasonably straight grained and saw it to an octagon, from there you can plane it easily yourself.

Asking for a one off will almost certainly cost you more than buying one from Jason, but it does mean that wherever you are in the UK you will be able to make one.

Tod
Thanks for the replies, I`ll be sure to check him out.
recent contact
Just for info,

I recently contacted Jason, He stated he does have spear shafts but does not post them out. I don't know if this means you have to call and collect them or meet him at a fair eg TORM event.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: