Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Two Heavily Customized Scottish Steel PistolsSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
GG Osborne

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 14 Dec, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Two Heavily Customized Scottish Steel Pistols         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Friends and Neighbors,

As many of you know, I am usually loth to part with anything in the collection; however, I have a nice project in mind and need the funds.

Four years ago, I contacted the primary maker of the "Murdoch" pistols in India and commissioned two specially made pistols. These pistols have brass barrels and are entirely engraved on both the stocks and the barrels. I had the vent pick and the trigger changed completely to authentic styles and these are also of brass. Once they arrived, I added more correct cocks from The Rifle Shoppe, heated and modified the rams-horn scrolls into a tighter, thinner and much more aesthetically pleasing shape and finally browned the steel. After browning the steel, I hit both pistols with light steel wool. Today both the stocks and the barrels have a very nice, antiqued patina. Personally I think that without having two pistols made from scratch by a master builder, these are the most authentic and eye-pleasing Scottish pistols you will find.

I would like to sell the pistols as a set. The firm cost for the two pistols is $1200 plus shipping. I will be posting pictures this evening. These pistols may be a hot commodity to the few of us here who love basket hilts, etc. so I'm going ahead and posting this in case you want to get in line.

Glenn

"Those who live by the sword...will usually die with a huge, unpaid credit card balance!"
GG Osborne

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 16 Dec, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: Scottish Pistols         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Thanks, Mike. A pleasure doing business with you. I'm sure you will enjoy the pistols!

"Those who live by the sword...will usually die with a huge, unpaid credit card balance!"

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Two Heavily Customized Scottish Steel PistolsSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic