Medieval arrow types
So a few of you might remember that years and years ago I put up a little account on four specific types of arrowheads used in the later medieval period from either the close or patent rolls as I was reading all the royal records of England between 2006-2009. Sadly in 2012 my computer had a major breakdown and it needed major work to recover it and I did not get all the data that was on there. Sadly a number of my files were lost and one of them I suspect was the one that had this citation. Any of you still have it?

I am working on something and it would be awesome to have it again.

If not no worries... I had planned to reread all the Patent and Close Rolls again anyways...

Thanks,

Randall
Matt found a court case that mentions several types of arrows.
http://www.fioredeiliberi.org/phpBB3/viewtopi...mp;t=21289

clotharewe - "cloth-yard" arrow?
doggearewe - "dog" arrow?
wolfare - "wolf" arrow?
Scotische arewe - "Scottish" arrow?

It is a single account so the writer was likely describing four different arrows rather than different names for the same arrow.
Dan,

That is an interesting one. As with the one I found it leaves some very interesting questions as to what they really are. Of the two of the four are named after animals and the other seems to indicate a regionalish origin or use. Some interesting things to think about.

Thanks Dan!

RPM

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: