Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Looking for names of old Museum Replicas Weapons Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Derek Hand

PostPosted: Mon 01 Dec, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Looking for names of old Museum Replicas Weapons         Reply with quote

So, I used to have several old issues of Museum Replicas catalog that eventually just fell apart and vanished. But I'm trying to find a few weapons from those old issues. They would have been small-sized issues from the late 90s.

The first one is a Scimitar said to be based on one given to one of the Kings of Spain as a gift. It has a very Moorish-designed hilt with a bone grip.

The second is a lovely bone-handled Rondel Dagger, but the rondels were not very pronounced, it was more just a round-hilted dagger (This might be tough to find) but they called it a rondel

and last is a lovely Rapier. It was fairly simple with a wooden grip, but it had a nice wide-ish blade.

I would appreciate any names that can be provided, along with the Issue numbers of the catalogs they're in. And, if anyone has the capabilities I would be seriously indebted to anyone able to scan images of the weapons.

Thanks

~~~
"'Kill!' shouted Ford. He shouted it at his towel.
The towel lept up out of Harl's hands.
This was not because it had any motive force of its own,
but because Harl was so startled at the idea that it might."
~~~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shahril Dzulkifli

PostPosted: Sat 06 Dec, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Looking for names of old Museum Replicas weapons         Reply with quote

Old Museum Replicas catalogs? Hmmm...Those are quite difficult to find and I don't even have any.
“You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength”

- Marcus Aurelius
Hugo H

PostPosted: Sat 06 Dec, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Catalog #8
I still have some of the old catalogs scattered around. I think this is the one you're asking about.

Attachment: 20.9 KB
mus3.jpg

Attachment: 69.77 KB
mus1.jpg

Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Sun 07 Dec, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That King's sword blade looks good,
Any chance there is either a sidesword or falchion with a double knuckle guard pictured in the catalogues, the falchion has a shell attached, and the rapier-sidesword looks to share the same guard minus the shell,
one coloured brass-gold, the falchion in steel,
Over here getting those catalogues was like pulling teeth from a vendor, mores the shame,
Greg F

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jul, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: The Kings Scimitar         Reply with quote

I actually purchased one of those swords many years ago, and still have it. No, its not for sale.

I recently had the hilt grip repaired/replaced on it, as the bone (plastic) grip cracked shortly after I got it.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Looking for names of old Museum Replicas Weapons
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic