Has anyone dealt with Primitive Forge? Or tomahawk?
Hello everyone. I am looking at the tomahawks that are being listed in eBay that are made by Mark McCoun at Primitive Forge. Has anyone bought any of his products? I would be interested to hear from anyone that has bought one and how well they are made. How have they held up?

Scott

What I am looking for is a maker of good tomahawks that would have been used for the period between say 1756 and 1783 on the American Colonial Frontier.
Has anyone dealt with Primitive Forge? Or tomahawk?
Tomahawks from 1756 and 1783? Are there such things nowadays?
Re: Has anyone dealt with Primitive Forge? Or tomahawk?
Shahril Dzulkifli wrote:
Tomahawks from 1756 and 1783? Are there such things nowadays?

Must have been unclear. I am currently looking for smiths who are making good reproductions of tomahawks used during the specified time frame. So the start of the 7 Years/French & Indian War and the end of the American Revolution. Even beyond that as well.

Not sure if anyone here does reenactment for this time period.
I know Daniel Winkler is/was a rennactor of the period you mentioned. He makes tomahawks:

Check out: www.winklerknives.com
Joshua Anthony wrote:
I know Daniel Winkler is/was a rennactor of the period you mentioned. He makes tomahawks:

Check out: www.winklerknives.com

I would love to get one made by Daniel Winkler. Especially a recreation of Hawkeye's from Last of the Mohicans. Most of the stuff he is making these days are tactical and when he does make non-tactical items they are more expensive than I am looking to spend. I have found some other makers who are not as expensive that I am looking at.
Cant help with an opinion on PF wares, but,
over the years, of the hawks I've seen and thought I'd like to buy Alan regularly seems to hit the nail on the head,
Alan Longmire,
http://www.bladesmithsforum.com/index.php?showtopic=26567

Friendly and very helpful individual to boot,
there are a few very good hawk makers over at Don's to look through,
Owen Bush over here has listed some nice piece's too,
some of the real high end guy's works command some top price's, worth it no doubt, but too much for the likes of me,
good luck, and please let us know how you get on,;)
Re: Has anyone dealt with Primitive Forge? Or tomahawk?
Though I haven't gotten one of Mark's hawks yet I did buy one from another forged tomahawk maker/ eBay seller, Butchesforge from N Carolina.
The one I got represents some truly impressive work- grest materials and the blade edge is superior. Mine was one of the sharpest and most refined convex edges I've ever encountered anywhere. And I mean a working edge too, tough yet somehow hair-shavng sharp.

Scott Kowalski wrote:
Hello everyone. I am looking at the tomahawks that are being listed in eBay that are made by Mark McCoun at Primitive Forge. Has anyone bought any of his products? I would be interested to hear from anyone that has bought one and how well they are made. How have they held up?

Scott

What I am looking for is a maker of good tomahawks that would have been used for the period between say 1756 and 1783 on the American Colonial Frontier.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: