Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > readings on Euro Historic forging techniques? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ian F.

PostPosted: Sat 08 Jan, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: readings on Euro Historic forging techniques?         Reply with quote

Hello. Happy
A while ago, I had the good fortune of picking up an excellent book on Japanese forging techniques. The Craft of the Japanese Sword by Kapp et al. I found it to be an excellent description of Japanese forging processes and techniques, at least for a layman such as me.
I was wondering if there was such a book (or books) to describe Historic European forging techniques, and what time periods and cultures it would include.
The Kapp et al. book goes relatively in depth from raw material to finished blade, including folding techniques, relative temeratures, heat treatment and quenching. That kind of information was what I was looking for. Any time period would interest me. Right now the only reference I have on European swords is Oakeshott's Records of the Medieval Sword, though it is a great reference just by itself.
Thanks for the help.
Ian

Ian F.
Novice Collector

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > readings on Euro Historic forging techniques?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic