For Sale: Albion Mercenary with Tods stuff scabbard
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hello,

I have a 'butterknife sharp' Albion Mercenary with black grip and a Tods stuff 15th century style scabbard with knotted straps and belt, for sale. Here's a link to info on the sword;

http://www.albion-europe.com/swords/swords-by...x?model=93

The scabbard also has a pocket on the front containing a 'byknife' and 'pricker'. I've owned both items for around a year, but they have hardly been touched, other than the usual maintenance of the steel. There is one very very slight surface scratch on one side of the blade. I couldn't capture this in a photo as I only currently have a camera phone, but it really is almost invisible. I also made the holes in the belt (for the buckle) using the aforementioned 'pricker'. I'm no expert in leather work, but they look and work fine. I'm reluctantly selling in order to finance buying gear for HEMA.

Both items were bought new, and I originally paid £400 for the sword, and £560 for the scabbard. I'm asking £650 for both as ONE sale. I don't want to sell as separate items. Post and package will be extra, and the cost will depend on where it's going. Please PM me if interested.

Cheers
Neil

Attachment: 102.63 KB
09.jpg

Attachment: 150.32 KB
07.jpg

Attachment: 72.9 KB
06.jpg

Attachment: 113.77 KB
05.jpg

Attachment: 105.66 KB
04.jpg

Attachment: 106.49 KB
03.jpg

Attachment: 83.76 KB
02.jpg

Attachment: 58.65 KB
01.jpg

bump

Hello,

I'm reinstating this sale. I tried a few months but with no luck. I've copied the original message below;

I have a 'butterknife sharp' Albion Mercenary with black grip and a Tods stuff 15th century style scabbard with knotted straps and belt, for sale. Here's a link to info on the sword;

The scabbard also has a pocket on the front containing a 'byknife' and 'pricker'. I've owned both items for around a year, but they have hardly been touched, other than the usual maintenance of the steel. There is one very very slight surface scratch on one side of the blade. I couldn't capture this in a photo as I only currently have a camera phone, but it really is almost invisible. I also made the holes in the belt (for the buckle) using the aforementioned 'pricker'. I'm no expert in leather work, but they look and work fine. I'm reluctantly selling in order to finance buying gear for HEMA.

Both items were bought new, and I originally paid £400 for the sword, and £560 for the scabbard. I'm asking £650 for both as ONE sale. I don't want to sell as separate items. Post and package will be extra, and the cost will depend on where it's going. Please PM me if interested.

Cheers
Neil

Attachment: 131.56 KB
08.jpg

07.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

bump

This was posted as sold, but the sale didn't work out so for anyone who may have seen it before and was interested, it's now back for sale.

bump

Hello,

I'm offering for sale a 'butterknife sharp' Albion Mercenary with black grip and a custom made Tods stuff 15th century style scabbard with knotted straps, belt, and a pocket on the front containing a 'byknife' and 'pricker'. According to Albion's site the sword is a limited edition of only 500 made. Here's a link to info on the sword;

and a review;

http://www.sword-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5933

'Butterknife sharp' is Albion's term and they define it as (quoting from Albion's site) 'a sword we have removed the final sharpness of the blade so you won't cut yourself'. From what have I've read this definitely can be sharpened to a state suitable for cutting by someone who knows what they are doing.

I've owned both items for around 2 years, but they have rarely been touched, other than the usual maintenance of the steel and are more or less as new. I'm selling in order to finance buying gear for HEMA.

The sword currently costs £650 and I paid £560 for the scabbard so to buy both now would be approx £1200. I'm asking £750 for both as ONE sale. I'm afraid I don't want to sell as separate items. Post and package will be extra, and the cost will depend on where it's going, but I am prepared to go halves on the cost of that. Please PM me if interested.

Cheers
Neil

Attachment: 104.5 KB
10.jpg

Attachment: 102.63 KB
09.jpg

Attachment: 131.56 KB
08.jpg

07.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

price drop to £650

sorry, should have said in the above post due to the drop in price, I would have to add the cost in postage.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: