Custom sword based on type XV ...
This is the special work made as a gift on very special occasion for one of my customers :)
The woman wanted to give the unique sword for man who saved her life (true story).
I had only one month for work. the design should be little fantasy...
Actually I don`t like the modern fantasy swords - that why I had to find some compromise with my medieval style :)
as the base I`ve decided to use Oakeshott type XV and then I was design some decoratives...
the result you may see below... - so, what do you think? (the sword is fully functional of course...)

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Oh wow! What a beauty. That would look great on the silver screen. Chapeau!
Lovely...

Is it hollow ground cross section?
Oooo, me gusta...That is beautiful. Subtle, proportionate and deadly.
thank you for kind words :)
Li Fu Xiang - the cross section of the blade is a diamond shape.
and yes, this sword is very good balanced also, very light in handling... deadly tool - like real swords :)
Beautiful! How did you decorate the fittings, is that etching?
It is mixed technique - etching, sanding, engraving... depends on details.
That is stunning

I normally do not are for embellishments on the blade or fittings but this is fantastic. It shows your intent of design, Guardian Angel very well. It is all so classy, that is in my opinion hard to pull off with embellishments

Great work!
Thank you David. well, I`m not a fan of decorative swords either :)
they were the tools of death, symbol of power and independence in my opinion - that why I like simple medieval battle swords types...
but the history shows us many of beautiful decorated swords, daggers, knives, etc with etchings, engravings - more decorative than my sword - but always with perfect style and proportions of practical weapon - and this was the lesson for me when I was designing this one :)
I appreciate your opinion - thanks again!
Yes, it does look perfectly functional and historical in shape and design, the decorations may not be historical, but they are extremely attractive ..... so they would be perfect in some " Alternate History Universe ".

And yes there are period swords that where very highly decorated to the point that we might perceive them as being " too decorated " for our modern eyes.

But bottom line this is a successful blending of a real weapon and fantasy decorations: I can't help liking it. :D :cool:
Beautiful work Maciej.
Really nice. But a decorated blade like that makes me worry about whether the new owner would know the proper way to care for it without damaging the designs. . . .

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: