looking for opinions on the Darkwood Armory Arming Sword.
I am looking for opinions on the Darkwood Armory Arming Sword. I'd be using it for sword and buckler HEMA work.
As far as I know, DSA swords that are purchased without the sharpening service are more "not sharp" than they are "blunt". I remember reading somewhere that someone bought the unsharpened Black Prince for re-enactment purposes, but they found that it would still penetrate objects with thrusts.
Michael Couture wrote:
As far as I know, DSA swords that are purchased without the sharpening service are more "not sharp" than they are "blunt". I remember reading somewhere that someone bought the unsharpened Black Prince for re-enactment purposes, but they found that it would still penetrate objects with thrusts.

I believe you've mixed up your sword makers. You seem to be talking about Darksword Armoury, while Tomas is asking about Darkwood Armoury - specifically, this sword.

I've never tried one myself, but I've seen some good reviews around. One which passed my eye recently is here, and the Fiddlebow group are very good at their I.33 sword and buckler, so I'd take their opinions on trainers on board well.

Mike Ruhala is selling one on this forum, if you want to look at saving a few bucks (I'd buy it, but I mostly do longsword).
Darkwood Armory and Darksword Armory are two separate enterprises. It is a shame that they are often confused.

http://www.darkwoodarmory.com/
https://darksword-armory.com/
Anybody else have any experience using this sword for sword and buckler?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: