whose is in the SCA?
Hello everyone.

I'm curious how much cross over we get on here. Whose in the SCA?

I'll be glad to.meet you all one day.

And if you haven't heard of the SCA fellow formites it's good fun
Re: whose is in the SCA?
Lance Morris wrote:
Hello everyone.

Interesting timing! I'm posting this waiting for a train to go to my first event. Seems like fun!
I am. Due to the heat we have down here in Louisiana, I am only active fall and winter though.
hey
right on guys!

how was your first event?
I am in The Kingdom of Aethelmearc, the Barony of Blackstone Mountain. I go by Jos of St. Albans, and you can generally find me on the archery range, or where ever something A&S related is going on.
Well, I WAS in the SCA - in 1968, Kingdom of the West (yup, I'm that old)... still have my card.

I've walked away from them over the years.... they just can not accommodate edhil....
Re: hey
Lance Morris wrote:
right on guys!

how was your first event?

It was great! Heavy fighting event, choosing the champions for the Barony of Bhakail. I had a lot of fun watching people beat each other up :D

I really like the SCA folk I've met so far, its an amazingly passionate and welcoming group. I need to choose my name soon, I'm having an identity crisis to figure out if I am Dane or Saxon.
I'm old, but I still like to fight. I'm a full decade older than the next oldest active fighter in our house.

Pennsic 43, just a few weeks ago. Here I am trying to look cool with a freshly-torn quadriceps muscle, but I can't even stand up straight. My armor is a leather coat of plates.

[ Linked Image ]

Attachment: 122.42 KB
[ Download ]
Me. Kingdom of Lochac.
I have been known to swing a stick on occasion.

on & off
I was an active member from about 89 to 95, but then our groups here re-directed more towards either european re-enactment with live steel, or at the opposite end of the scale, the LARP scene. I still attend Pennsic on a ( fairly) regular basis, more to be with friends than for the SCA activities . I might join anew, depending on how the local baronny has evolved.
Many friends are still very much involved, and enjoy their activities, but belong to groups far , far away from here...and the SCA is definitely more fun when you're part of a group.
I too would be apart of the kingdom of The Kingdom of Aethelmearc. I've been training for two months before I go to my first SCA event which will be next week hopefully. It looks like a lot of fun and I cant wait to start fighting.
Re: on & off
Jean-Carle Hudon wrote:
I was an active member from about 89 to 95, but then our groups here re-directed more towards either european re-enactment with live steel, or at the opposite end of the scale, the LARP scene. I still attend Pennsic on a ( fairly) regular basis, more to be with friends than for the SCA activities . I might join anew, depending on how the local baronny has evolved.
Many friends are still very much involved, and enjoy their activities, but belong to groups far , far away from here...and the SCA is definitely more fun when you're part of a group.

"live steel"? You mean rebated steel? Sparring with Sharps can very easily be lethal. O.O
Re: whose is in the SCA?
Lance Morris wrote:
Hello everyone.

I’m in the Kingdom of Northshield, Barony of Nordskogen. I’ve been swinging rattan for over 20 years across the Midwest and still have as much fun as I did on the first day. :)
steel
For the sake of clarity, Philip is quite right, the expression ''live steel'' is used in that milieu, but I thought it to be universally understood that the weapons are all blunts. So, kids, if you are trying this at home, do not use your father's precious sharp swords....O.O.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: