New pommel for emshs by Ernie
I just had to show off my new pommel that Ernie at Yeshua's swords just made up for me. His work is amazing. I can't wait to get it in the mail. It is a type K pommel for my Paul Chen early medieval single hand sword. If anyone knows where I can get some 1.5-2 oz leather for a grip re-wrap that would be sweet. Thanks

Attachment: 66.57 KB
image.jpg
Type K pommel by Ernie Yeshua's swords
Wow. That is crisp work! Looks really nice! Is the pommel and peen block a single piece? Looks awesome. You'll have to post photos when you get it in place....
It looks very good, sharp, well-defined. Did you get Ernie to make you a new guard as well?
Guard
Nope I haven't had him make a guard yet, but after seeing how good of a job he did that sounds like a great idea.
Peening block
Yes the peening block is one piece. The best I've seen. I like how he integrated it. The radius he put next to it makes it look separate which I like. This is a threaded tang, so with the nut that goes inside I had to keep it one solid piece.
Emshs sword pommel drawing
Here is the drawing I made which he followed for my pommel design.

Attachment: 53.45 KB
Pommel drawing [ Download ]
THAT, as with all of Ernie's work, is a real piece of art :). The man is both a gifted machinist, an artist, and UNDERSTANDS swords... have him make you a guard :).
That's great. I have a project I have been thinking he would be perfect for, everything I see him do looks very well done.
All put together
Here is a picture of it with the pommel attached. I love it.

Attachment: 51.96 KB
IMG_7029.jpg

Attachment: 51.98 KB
IMG_7030.jpg

Quite an improvement!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: