Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Nihonto signed Bizen kuni ju Osafune SukesadaSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jussi Ekholm

Reading list: 38 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: For Sale: Nihonto signed Bizen kuni ju Osafune Sukesada         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Well I'm trying to raise money for a future purchase, and I'll have to let this one go. Unfortunately this is not in very good condition, but of course that is reflected in price.

[ Linked Image ]

Nagasa: 55,7cm
Nakago-nagasa: 17,6cm
Sori: 2,1 cm
Motohaba: 3,15cm
Sakihaba: 2,35cm
Motokasane: 6mm
Moto-shinogi-gasane: 8mm
Sakikasane: 3,7mm
Saki-shinogi-gasane: 5,5mm
Nakagokasane: 9mm
Whole length: 73,3cm
Whole length in koshirae: 85,3cm
Whole length in saya: 88,5cm
Tsuka: 26,7cm
Bare blade weight: 722g
Weight in koshirae: 1026g

The sword is signed Bizen kuni ju Osafune Sukesada, Eiroku Ju Ichi Nen Hachi Gatsu (8th month 1568). I cannot guarantee the authencity of the signature. But there are plenty of references for Eiroku era Sukesadas to be found for comparison purposes. Happy The nakago of this one seems a little bit longer than on the stereotypical katate-uchi.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Unfortunately the blade has a lot of scratches, and there is staining, there are also open layers on the blade. And there are couple small nicks in the kissaki, which can be seen in the pictures.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Koshirae is actually quite nice. I believe this to be Edo-Higo koshirae. Fuchi and kashira are ishime pattern. Tsuba looks Higo-style to my inexperienced eye. Dragon menuki. I personally really like the saya lacquer style, my own translation of it is Kumobun shu-urushi ishime nurizaya, which means red saya done in ishime style with cloud design. There is a lot of lacquering flaking on mune & ha sides.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

As you can see from the pictures this is far from perfect condition. Of course I'm very amateur at taking pictures, but if you want more pictures I'll try my best to take them. Please ask if you have any questions. Even though the sword is in rough condition, you can see there is an open layer behind the hamon in the kissaki, this is the most severe flaw in the blade. But as this does not go into hamon I do not think it's a fatal flaw.

Price: 1400€, and I will pay the shipping inside Europe. I can also ship anywhere in the world, but I will have to ask for postage costs. Payment by bank transfer or PayPal. As I'm paying the shipping, I would really appriciate if you would pay the PayPal fees (add the fee amount to total price).

Jussi Ekholm

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Nihonto signed Bizen kuni ju Osafune SukesadaSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic