Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > 19th Century Currassier Breast/Back plate references ? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ralph Grinly

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jan, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: 19th Century Currassier Breast/Back plate references ?         Reply with quote

I'm wondering if anyone can point me towards some good reference material ( on line or off line) regarding 19th C Currassier armours ? I have a set ( mis-matched, I believe) of Breast and Back plates that I have had for about 35 years and I'd like to get around to identifying them for certain. I *suspect* that they are either British or French but I can't be certain as I've not been able to find any decent reference material on them - lots of drawings/paintings and stuff like Osprey uniform publications but they're more on uniforms, and not the armour's themselves.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I could post pics of the pieces in question, but I'd like to take a crack at identifying them myself first.
Mark Griffin

Location: The Welsh Marches, in the hills above Newtown, Powys.

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jan, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You could send pics to the National Army Museum in Chelsea, they would be able to identify them if British for sure.

http://www.nam.ac.uk/

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > 19th Century Currassier Breast/Back plate references ?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic