Two Rondels from Tods Stuff
I recently acquired two Rondel Daggers made by Leo Todeschini of Tods Stuff, from the Marketplace here at myArmoury. I thought I'd share a few photos. The larger steel hilted dagger is from Tods English Cutler Line and features a thirteen inch blade, while the bronze hilted rondel sports a twelve incher. Both are very solidly made and exhibit the highly authentic look and feel others have commented on.

I'm very impressed with the quality of Leos work. Both daggers look as if they came right of the shelf from a museum. Both have a very solid and authoritative feel, particularly the larger steel hilted dagger. One of these days I'm going to have to work with Leo on a larger project.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Nice Patrick. Need to get something from him sometime.
I had a bauernwehr of his some years back and it was a really nice piece. These look like they are both very impressive pieces as well. I especially like the scabbards he does as well.
Nice stuff from Tod, as always. I love the bronze hilt. It looks to be based on the bottom one on the pic below, housed in Berlin (or a very similar one). Tod's version sports a simplified blade, bronze for the grip instead of steel, and seems sized up from the original. But, as always, it has that authentic look Tod always captures.

[ Linked Image ]
Congratulations Patrick; all Tod's rondels are terrific - I love the horn handled one. I have commission to create a bigger version of this type currently on the go (16 months or so of impatient anticipation so far!) which will have a more complex blade design and a 'blinged up' hilt. After that I have plans for a ballock dagger and maybe an all metal hilt rondel - like the top one in Chad's picture (assuming Tod is willing!!)

Neil
Neil Langley wrote:
Congratulations Patrick; all Tod's rondels are terrific - I love the horn handled one. I have commission to create a bigger version of this type currently on the go (16 months or so of impatient anticipation so far!) which will have a more complex blade design and a 'blinged up' hilt. After that I have plans for a ballock dagger and maybe an all metal hilt rondel - like the top one in Chad's picture (assuming Tod is willing!!)

Neil

Thanks Neil.

The horn gripped Rondel is my favorite of the two as well. The larger grip is much easier for my hands to get a purchase on, and the blade is just a bit longer and more substantial. The bronze hilted Rondel is a nice piece of kit though, as I suspect all of Tods products are.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: