A&A Nordland Axe
I was gifted for Christmas an Arms & Armor Nordland Axe. I like it very much. The one thing I do not really care for is the black 'paint' or whatever it is on the axe head. Has anyone removed the fore-mentioned black covering? If so how did it look? I am thinking or removing it and then maybe bluing it. Just don't like the black.
Has anyone done any modding to this piece?
thanks
Yes, I stripped the paint first thing, cleaned up the casting lines and gave it a controlled rust finish. It looks very good, a nice piece to start with, it is a lot nicer with the extra time spent on the finish.
I don't have the A&A, but I have stripped several Cold Steel tomahawks using a bench grinder with a wire brush wheel. They are a royal pain, but once done, look great with the natural finish. I would suggest you do the same to yours, then you can either give it an artificial patina, or give it a light coat of clear flat and call it done. I tried to brush off the brown on my Hanwei bearded axe....nope. Ain't happening. I don't know what Hanwei uses to 'antique' them, but its some tough stuff. :lol:...Wear safety goggles!! Good luck!!.........McM
mine was not symmetrical when i got it which didn't bother me till i sharpened and used it to find the temper was not there I ground it down with an angle grinder even filed and polished it smooth then reheated and tempered it it now splits logs with the best of them I blued it to but if your going to really use it, the rusting will fade to a gray mine has been going strong for two whole years now enjoy your new axe I lost about 3 ounces of material with re profiling.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: