Visit of Jack Jiayi Chen from Singapore
We are honored to have Jack Jiayi Chen visited us today. He was from Singapore, the owner of sgsparring.com and chineselongsword.com, who published demonstration videos of historical Chinese longsword.

We've arranged a test cutting for him. Lancelot and Jack were using the same sword, cutting 2 sets of different thickness soaked newspapers rolls. Newspapers rolls are a kind of very difficult target and Jack's experience in cutting tatami mats did not help him here.

Then they proceeded to practice freestyle fencing.

In the first part of the practice, Lancelot's gears were taken as their actual protective value against a sharp katana, for Jack was wielding a RSW katana.

The survival rate of Jack was 4% and Lancelot was 93.88%.

In the second part of the practice, it was unarmored freestyle fencing, where none of the gears on the field were playing their role. The sparring was cut short when the camera ran out of battery.

The survival rate of Jack was 7.3% and Lancelot was 85.37%.

http://youtu.be/C14gbFRg8HE
Nice job cutting those rolls, Lancelot. I know they are a tough target and you handled them pretty well!
Ian Hutchison wrote:
Nice job cutting those rolls, Lancelot. I know they are a tough target and you handled them pretty well!

Thank you very much. It was cutting these rolls that had forced me to learn Chinese power generation (Fa Jing) during these years, because proper blade alignment alone isn't enough for them.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: