Help viewing photos sent via email on a mac?
Ok, I admit it. I am fairly computer illiterate, at least on the Macintosh my father in law was kind enough to donate.

I am trying to view a sword for sale over on the classifieds. The owner emailed me some pics, but I haven't been able to figure out how to choose an application on my mac that will allow me to view them.

Anyone from the forum have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards, Michael
Re: Help viewing photos sent via email on a mac?
Michael R. Black wrote:
Ok, I admit it. I am fairly computer illiterate, at least on the Macintosh my father in law was kind enough to donate.

I am trying to view a sword for sale over on the classifieds. The owner emailed me some pics, but I haven't been able to figure out how to choose an application on my mac that will allow me to view them.

Anyone from the forum have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

What kind of file is it? What is the file extension? (ie, is it a JPEG file with an extension of .JPG or ...?)

Many things can be dragged right into your browser window and be seen using your browser as a viewer.
I know I had a similar problem about a year ago, when either the Mac or the PC didn't include the file extensions on pictures, making them unviewable on the other.
If they didn't happen to include a file extension (.jpg etc,) Just ad that extension to the name of the file. example: original= pictureone final pictureone.jpg. If your mac is OSX then it will not read a file without an extension. If it is an older mac with OS9 or earlier it could be that the picture is of a type that was not covered under that system (that is unlikely though)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: