Sword available and etc.
I just wanted to let folks know that my last Viking type G sword is now back from it's tour at the Guilford Art Center exhibit and is now officially for sale:

http://www.bigrockforge.com/forn-or-the-ancie...ration004/

Also.. some of you may be interested in a Burmese dha that I'm working on that is the first in a series of art blades that I'm doing that will all be centered around worm-eaten wood and smelted bloomery steel. This series is non-commissioned and each piece will be made available separately upon completion:

http://www.bigrockforge.com/wyrm-dah/
Hmmm, worm-wood aside ( and I took a look at the pics and thought : ...Very fascinating... ),
let me be among those to commend you on reaching around the lil bit more common displays
we see in this forum -- broadswords galore, even sabers are getting a bit more play I'm happy
to say ! -- and taking a shot at a dha ...

Way to go ! I can't wait to see how this project turns out ...

ps

As always, great photography, man !

B-)
Thanks for the note Matthew..
yeah.. the 'worm-wood' is certainly an artistic path and this will be an 'art sword'. That's why I didn't post the actual pictures here. But! I think it will actually look pretty tame and almost.. normal.. in terms of how I treat it. I will tell you one thing.. I love this style of sword now! I want one!
... you're welcome. Probably most here know, or can find out, what a dha looks like,
but allow me to throw up an historical pic. The squared off point is a characteristic,
as is a more " normal " point if you will ...

To my mind, just a really unusual choice for a project, what or who or where did you
run into that inspired the attempt ?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: