Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > myArmoury Ten Year Anniversary Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat 17 Aug, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: myArmoury Ten Year Anniversary         Reply with quote

On August 17th, 2003, the first threads were posted at myArmoury. Here is one of them. This website started out as an alternative to some of the other forums, and has, IMO, grown to be the pre-eminent website for Western arms and armor.

A big thanks to Nathan and the moderators for the last 10 years, for making this one of the best places to hang out on the internet.
William Swiger

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Sat 17 Aug, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Happy 10th!!

Great forum and good people.
Joel Chesser

PostPosted: Sat 17 Aug, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow, It's hard to believe it has been 10 years. This place has taught me so much. Thanks to all the contributors to this great resource, all the friendly people, and most of all to Nathan for all the work, time and resources he puts into this site. Gentleman, here is a glass raised to another 10 years! Happy
..." The person who dosen't have a sword should sell his coat and buy one."

- Luke 22:36
Gabriele A. Pini

PostPosted: Sat 17 Aug, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for your work, for gathering a community so tight and so respectful!
This is the only forum where I have received even a mild reprimand, yet I'm grateful for it, because it's not simple to reign our passion for the world of the arms&armour, and I have see a lot of place like this ruined by incivility and petty rivalry.

Adelandeyo!
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 17 Aug, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Cool! Happy 10 year! Nice to see how far the site has come and how much we've all learned! Well done everyone!
Daniel Wallace

PostPosted: Sat 17 Aug, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

i think i actually found myArmoury back in 03 when i graduated college when i got my Hirsoulas sword. he didn't have a wed site just an e mail. when i typed in his name during a wed search anvil fire and myArmoury's forums came up as a related search items. i browsed this place for years just reading on posts - i finally joined up when i felt like i had enough knowledge i could contribute.

i don't think there's any other forum that succeeds as much as myArmoury in its intended purpose, an exchange of knowledge between people that have vast information and resources to share with each other.

and for any forum to make it 10 years and still be this lively is quite an accomplishment.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sat 17 Aug, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The official forum birthday has always been August 25. I think that's the date everything went public and we've used that as the official anniversary date for a number of years. Whether you count it from today or from next week, happy birthday to us!
Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Jeremy V. Krause

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 17 Aug, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Cheers to my favorite place on the net!

A hearty thanks to the moderators and here's to another decade of this fine resource!
Eric Lynch

PostPosted: Sat 17 Aug, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Happy 10th birthday! It's been a great resource for me . . .thank you. Happy
David Wilson

PostPosted: Sat 17 Aug, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It's been a great run so far! Congrats to Nathan and all the rest of you guys, and here's to another successful 10 years!
David K. Wilson, Jr.
Laird of Glencoe

Now available on Amazon: Franklin Posner's "Suburban Vampire: A Tale of the Human Condition -- With Vampires" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N7Y591
Isaac D Rainey

PostPosted: Sat 17 Aug, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I only hope it grows more!
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 17 Aug, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Amazing         Reply with quote

Almost can't believe its been that long. Cool

Almost don't want to believe its been that long!!! WTF?! WTF?!

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
David Lewis Smith

PostPosted: Sun 18 Aug, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I found myArmoury in 2002, I ended up with a different log on now though. Lost the original and could not recover it. Every body in the community knows me by my full name anyhow so it works out.

I have always haunted the Marketplace here and a good deal of my swords came from here. I use to post a lot more here and on another forum. Things change, life got busy with retirement and a second career. I post pretty much exclusively here now or face book.

I will try to be more active, heh and see if I have anything worthwhile to contribute

David L Smith
MSG (RET)
Daniel Sullivan

PostPosted: Sun 18 Aug, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: myArmoury 10th ....         Reply with quote

Said this around this time last year, "Happy Birthday to a Class Act" (or words to that effect). Time does fly when you're having fun!

Keep thinking about the "old days", when one had to trudge miles through through blizzards, rainstorms, flashfloods, etc. to check the mailbox for the latest copy of The Shotgun News, or a catalog from Robert Ables, or the Museum of Historical Arms .... All kidding aside, I never cease to wonder at this site, the diversity of the people involved, the quality of subject matter, and of prime importance is the skill and dedication of the folks who keep us up and running.

Regards,
Dan
Mark Moore

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Sun 18 Aug, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A hearty AMEN to all of the above. This site has proven, over the years, to be THE BEST, most influencial, most knowledgeable site out there anywhere. I have learned so much, have made so many friends, and have had such a great time here...words cannot express. Thank you so much, Nathan, Chad, and all the rest who made this all possible. Bravo, good sirs! Happy 10TH!!!......And here's a raised glass to many more years to come!!!........McM
Neil Langley

PostPosted: Sun 18 Aug, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Beyond a shadow of a doubt this is my favourite place on the Web! Thank you to everyone; to Nathan, to all the moderators and to every member too Happy

Neil.
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Sun 18 Aug, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Since then, I've hardly begun (in the grand scheme of things) Laughing Out Loud Really just the beginnings of a mad obsession.
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=54

Jay I have bumped into since but Scott will always (I hope) RIP

Cheers

GC
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun 18 Aug, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Has it been a decade already? My, my. The contacts I made in this community and industry through my involvement in this site have proven to be very worthwhile over the years. I formed friendships that remain to this day, and quite a few industry professionals know my name thanks to myArmoury. I've had access to a lot of things I wouldn't have otherwise and I'll always be grateful for that. May there be another decade down the road.
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Scott Hrouda

Reading list: 87 books

PostPosted: Mon 19 Aug, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: myArmoury Ten Year Anniversary         Reply with quote

Roger Hooper wrote:
On August 17th, 2003, the first threads were posted at myArmoury. Here is one of them. This website started out as an alternative to some of the other forums, and has, IMO, grown to be the pre-eminent website for Western arms and armor.

A big thanks to Nathan and the moderators for the last 10 years, for making this one of the best places to hang out on the internet.

Wow, 10 years on the internet as a still-growing forum is a rare accomplishment to be celebrated!

I came across myArmoury in 2004/2005 and lurked around before finally registering in 2006. The vast amount of information gleaned, resources found, weapon & armour photographs ogled, intelligent conversations pursued and occasional silly banter joined is overwhelming. This is truly a special place.

I would encourage anyone and everyone to participate and, if you think it right, to contribute. Maintaining a paid membership in today’s economic climate can be tough (a situation I’m all too familiar with). A one-time contribution may be a better fit for your situation. If that’s not an option, consider contributing constructive insight on a topic or lending your expertise on a particular subject. Please do not consider this an advertisement, but simply my personal point of view on something I consider important. Contributions come in all flavors and can only make a strong forum stronger.

Happy Birthday!

...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped. - Sir Bedevere
Robert B. Marks

PostPosted: Tue 20 Aug, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Happy anniversary! Good places to talk swords are important, after all... :-)
Robert Marks
Darksword Armory, Inc.
www.darksword-armory.com

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > myArmoury Ten Year Anniversary
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: