New forum feature: Favorites
I just added a feature that will let you guys keep a list of topics that you personally find interesting. Nobody else will see your favorites but you. You can now manage your favorite topics within our site and are not forced to use your browsers bookmarks/favorites. This means your favorite topics are available to you regardless of what computer you're logging in from.

At the bottom of each page of a post, right near "Watch this topic for replies," is a new option:

Add To Favorites

Clicking on this adds that topic to your favorite topic list. It's that simple.

There's a new button on the forum navigation bar called Favorites that will show the list of your favorite and let you remove them as you see fit.

I'll probably improve on this feature, but right now it works and I've started to compile my own list of favorites.

Note: Favorites differ from "watch topics" in that you are not notified via email of new replies as you are in "watched topics".

Cheers.
I was thinking it might be cool if I add a feature that shows the "top 10 favorites" as picked by our members. It would just go through everybody's favorites, add them up, and show the top 10 topics in the overall.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
I was thinking it might be cool if I add a feature that shows the "top 10 favorites" as picked by our members. It would just go through everybody's favorites, add them up, and show the top 10 topics in the overall.

Hi Nathan...

This is an excellent idea...

ks
Hi Everybody-

Please take a moment to pick your favorite topics and add them to your "favorites" as explained above. I've added a "Top 10 favorites" as chosen by our members feature.

Thanks!
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Hi Everybody-

Please take a moment to pick your favorite topics and add them to your "favorites" as explained above. I've added a "Top 10 favorites" as chosen by our members feature.

Thanks!

:cool: This is a fun and entertaining feature. It's nice to know that the "German Hand-and-a-Half, circa 1420" is someone else's favorite too! :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: