Go to page Previous  1, 2

Great looking swords Rob.
Thanks Bill,i will try and post up some pics over on SBG too once i figure out how to do that.
a pair of clamshell cutlass's (Cutli???) with a hook back and antler grips

Attachment: 183.93 KB
[ Download ]
I used to head up to Scotland a fair bit when I worked in the UK...looking at your works of art makes me feel bad I spent all that time getting drunk in Edinburg instead of visiting Skye. :)
ah well,its easy to waste a lot of time and money in the Lowlands ;) go North young man,and turn left.....as for the dram,Talisker will more than suffice.Here's the view from the workshop.

Attachment: 88.47 KB
IMG_7467.jpg

Rob Miller wrote:
ah well,its easy to waste a lot of time and money in the Lowlands ;) go North young man,and turn left.....as for the dram,Talisker will more than suffice.Here's the view from the workshop.

Will definitely do, sir!

Bloody hell! That's an inspirational view!
Rob Miller wrote:
Patrick...hello again sir,many years have passed,great to see you again and hope you are keeping well.Times change but some things stay the same,mountains,sea..Swords ')

All is well at the Kelly household, thanks for asking. All the children are now on their own and having grand babies. The wife and I are enjoying the time to ourselves, something we've never had before. Coworkers are retiring or getting younger and I feel the passage of time more every day.

I've always loved your work. Your style has a look all its own that I quite enjoy. I have no trouble recognizing a Castle Keep sword when I see one. Perhaps someday I may even add one to my collection. Lovely photography too.
yep,done the Grandad thing twice now,how the hell did we get so old????? fact is i am not yet 50 but sowed them oats young i guess :D
Procrastination is the thief of time Patrick, order that Sword before you get too doddery to swing it!

An Elven sword with silver wire inlays and solid silver fittings.

Attachment: 138.64 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 98.99 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 135.54 KB
[ Download ]
Rob Miller wrote:
and a repeat of the first type XX for those who dont want to download. a little gold added to the grip rings ;)

Hi Rob ,Love the XX , if I may ask what were the stats on this one (length etc )
Hi Sean
I would recommend sending a PM to Tim Seaton,he posted on the first page of this thread,he is the owner and i sent him the specs prior to sending it,it would work in a shorter form too i think.
Rob Miller wrote:
Hi Sean
I would recommend sending a PM to Tim Seaton,he posted on the first page of this thread,he is the owner and i sent him the specs prior to sending it,it would work in a shorter form too i think.

Thanks Rob , I did a quick search and found the info in one of Tim Seaton's earlier posts on this sword .
It looks like a beautiful piece .
I don't usually go for fantasy stuff but that elven blade is magnificent! The silver inlays really do it for me. Keep the photos coming Rob! Great stuff.
Thanks Tim,that is flat wire incised into the wooden grip and then hammered in,it is a technique that was used a lot by knife makers back in the 90's, works well with figured maple etc.
Hello
Hello ,Rob
Beautifull work !

Pierre (from Belgium)
Tim Lison wrote:
I don't usually go for fantasy stuff but that elven blade is magnificent! The silver inlays really do it for me. Keep the photos coming Rob! Great stuff.

I have to add that it does look even better in real life! It's absolutely stunning. I should really get on and write a review of both that and another very impressive sword that Rob crafted for me.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: