Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Ancient European Swords on Facebook Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Andy Ternay

Reading list: 10 books

PostPosted: Sat 04 May, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Ancient European Swords on Facebook         Reply with quote

Hello, I wanted to ask the help of my fellow forumites.

I admin a page on Facebook called Ancient European Swords: www.facebook.com/AncientEuropeanSwords.

This page is dedicated to the study of Ancient European Swords from the Bronze Age through the Viking Era. The primary focus is on historical blades but there is also discussion of modern attempts to reproduce historical swords.

What I basically do is post a picture or two a day (I try not to spam the newsfeed) of swords or other weapons along with any information I have about the artifact or reproduction in question. Often, the information I have is very minimal.

I'm hoping that some of you will be willing to help me with photos of either historical blades either in museums or private collections which I might share on Facebook. Reproduction weapons are also welcome - if you want to show your collection to a wider, appreciative audience, I'd be glad to help out.

Thanks for your consideration!

"Precious swords...since there for a thousand winters they had rested in the earth's embrace." ~ Beowulf 3048 - 50
Andy Ternay

PostPosted: Sat 04 May, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Forgot to mention, I always provide attribution and link with each post. A few forumites are already very generously allowing me to use their images.
"Precious swords...since there for a thousand winters they had rested in the earth's embrace." ~ Beowulf 3048 - 50
Mark Moore

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Sat 04 May, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Fascinating site! I shall return...often! Those antenna swords are fantastic. Great work!...........McM
Peter Messent

PostPosted: Sat 04 May, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Fantastic idea, I'll be following that! Are you ok with people posting images to the page, or would you prefer we send them to you?
Andy Ternay

PostPosted: Sat 04 May, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you ok with people posting images to the page, or would you prefer we send them to you?

Hi Peter, I am okay with either. If you post directly to the page, I usually repost them with attribution. That's simply because they are only visible to people who visit the page and most people get the posts via their newsfeed.

Just let me know how you want them to be attributed and I will do so!

Thanks!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Ancient European Swords on Facebook
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic