Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

No numbers yet. I'm as eager to take some measurements as you guys are :D Once it arrives I'll take some and post them up.

Agreed that Christian outdid himself on the hilt. It's better than even I imagined.

The blade is by Albion. It's the same blade they use on their Huskarl sword.

I'll try taking some more pictures too. Christian did a wonderful job with the photos though.

Pic thread:
This custom A&A 'Ulfbehrt' / DBK scabbard combo recently changed hands - from Tim Lison to myself.

A lot has already been said about this sword but I will try to update photos of it with my Brazil Nut collection sometime. In the meantime, here are some older photos from A&A and DBK.

Attachment: 19.01 KB
Ulfbehrt - s.jpg

Attachment: 102.74 KB
Ulfbhert in Scabbard -s.jpg

J.D. Crawford wrote:
This custom A&A 'Ulfbehrt' / DBK scabbard combo recently changed hands - from Tim Lison to myself.

A lot has already been said about this sword but I will try to update photos of it with my Brazil Nut collection sometime. In the meantime, here are some older photos from A&A and DBK.

Awesome! Glad it found a home with you... Fine addition to your collection and great sword!
My most recent sword... A custom based on the Higgins 2036.1 by Jeff Helmes

[ Linked Image ]

I also have some swords that changed hands from Tim Lison's collection to mine.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Robin Smith wrote:

Robin, is this in your hands now? How does it feel?
J.D. Crawford wrote:
Robin Smith wrote:

It's light, but it definitely has some blade presence. Very similar in hand to an Albion Gaddhjalt... Big surprise there huh? :lol:
My last sword was an OlliN Last Falchion C that I bought from Kult of Athena.
Hello
A Nielo Swords, short saber.

Attachment: 74.48 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 61.79 KB
[ Download ]
Robin Smith wrote:
J.D. Crawford wrote:
Robin Smith wrote:

It's light, but it definitely has some blade presence. Very similar in hand to an Albion Gaddhjalt... Big surprise there huh? :lol:

Robin

Can you give us the stats for your Higgins 2036.1 Sword?

How do they compare to the original:

Weight as preserved: 1 pound, 10 ounces
Overall length: 38 7/8 inches
Blade length: 34 inches
Blade width: 1 15/16 inches
Grip length: 3 3/4 inches
Guard width: 6 1/4 inches

Thanks

Danny
I took the plunge and bought an Albion, this is my first. The Senlac in light campaign brown.

Thanks to Craig Peters, Will Swiger and Patrick Kelly for giving me valuable input during my decision making process. Thanks guys.

I posted this up before the site went back in time, but here ii is again.

Behold, one Viktor Berbekucz HMB/ Battle of the Nations legal 15th Century Turkish/Mamluk Kilij.

93cm long, 80cm blade, 1200g.

Viktor is awesome, and makes great stuff.

Attachment: 57.28 KB
BOTN KILIJ.JPG

Today I came home from a very rough day at work to find this guy, the Arms and Armor English Longsword, boxed up in the door yard. I've admired this sword in pictures for years, but this is the first time I've seen any of their work in person (except a brief encounter with the Danish War Axe at the Higgins) and believe me when I tell you that I am not disappointed in the least. This sword feels exceptionally well balanced and usable in hand and looks fantastic. What a beauty! A shame my phone pics won't do her justice.

I have just bought a new sword from ElGur company, which is actually replacement for my previous one. It was inspired by Oakeshott’s Xa swords, the pommel is type H and cross – the guard style 4 (similar to guard you may have seen on one of Patrick Barta swords). I hope that construction of this sword is historically accurate. The scabbard has a wooden core.

Weight: 1,26 kg
Total length: 102 cm
Blade length: 84,5 cm
POB: 11cm from the guard

Attachment: 34.63 KB
IMG_6115.JPG

Attachment: 31.21 KB
IMG_6120.JPG

Attachment: 166.31 KB
IMG_6121.JPG

Attachment: 83.07 KB
IMG_6125.JPG

Attachment: 40.31 KB
IMG_6130.JPG

Attachment: 74.96 KB
IMG_6131.JPG

Attachment: 61.15 KB
IMG_6136.JPG

Attachment: 66.45 KB
IMG_6137.JPG

I can't comment on the sword's accuracy, but that scabbard looks quite nice! Well-fitted and cleaned up, with a nice, real-world feel
Kenton Spaulding wrote:
Today I came home from a very rough day at work to find this guy, the Arms and Armor English Longsword, boxed up in the door yard. I've admired this sword in pictures for years, but this is the first time I've seen any of their work in person (except a brief encounter with the Danish War Axe at the Higgins) and believe me when I tell you that I am not disappointed in the least. This sword feels exceptionally well balanced and usable in hand and looks fantastic. What a beauty! A shame my phone pics won't do her justice.

How does it handle in one hand vs two hands? It looks quite nimble for a longsword.
Quote:
How does it handle in one hand vs two hands? It looks quite nimble for a longsword.

I'll be up front, first and foremost, by saying I don't have tremendous experience with longswords. I've handled quite a few, but in a limited capacity. That said, I would describe the sword as being pretty nimble with one hand, and fantastic with two. I think it feels fairly good in one hand, I've done a little thrusting and the tip control was quite easy, despite my lack of swordsmanship, and I've swung it around a bit, but haven't cut with it yet. When gripped with two hands the pommel is very comfortable and gives you a nice feeling of security. It's a bit lighter than I expected, and I also thought it would be a little stiffer. I'm looking forward to playing with it more, because it really feels like it's struck a great balance between the cut and the thrust. What I mean is, if I take two other swords I've handled a decent amount, the Albion Castellan and the Albion Agincourt, both felt fantastic in hand, but definitely gave a sense of sacrificing a bit of cutting for improved thrusting. I don't get that sense with the English Longsword. Handling wise, it reminds me quite a bit of the Albion Crecy.

If you haven't yet, check out Gordon Clark's review here: http://www.myArmoury.com/review_aa_els.html
Mirek Macek wrote:
I have just bought a new sword from ElGur company, which is actually replacement for my previous one. It was inspired by Oakeshott’s Xa swords, the pommel is type H and cross – the guard style 4 (similar to guard you may have seen on one of Patrick Barta swords). I hope that construction of this sword is historically accurate. The scabbard has a wooden core.

I like to see those little beast heads at the ends of the guard, originally found on Oakeshott's, Records XI.6 (page 59)
Latest sword I bought.....
The last sword I bought is a blunt one for training purposes.
It´s the Hastings from the Czech blacksmith Pavel Moc.
It is nicely balanced and quite light for a blunt blade (ca. 1150 g)

I really like the swords of Pavel Moc. They are well balanced, easy to handle.
From that workshop I also have the Dürer and a customized Howe with a different pommel and a longer blade.

Attachment: 214.2 KB
Hastings [ Download ]

Attachment: 228.99 KB
Hastings [ Download ]

Attachment: 228.85 KB
Dürer [ Download ]

Attachment: 211.47 KB
Howe [ Download ]
A&A GBS

Picked up a preowned Laird from Kult of Athena. One of my favorite Albions and Kult of Athena is excellent to deal with.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Page 56 of 75

Jump to: