Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Clang: game Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Mackenzie Cosens

PostPosted: Thu 04 Apr, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Clang: game         Reply with quote

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/3/4176884/neal-...greenlight
William P

PostPosted: Sat 06 Apr, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am very excited to see this thing in development and seeingits workings. could use a lot of polishing it's true but now it's in alpha so I cant wait for it to be ready for public purchase
Joel Chesser

PostPosted: Sat 06 Apr, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

In the video they player is using a motion controller. IT would be really awesome if this was compatible with the Kinect for PC unit.
..." The person who dosen't have a sword should sell his coat and buy one."

- Luke 22:36
Colt Reeves

PostPosted: Sat 06 Apr, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

What I can't understand is why the guy testing it is sitting down. I mean, seriously? I'd be standing up, jumping around, and accidently maiming the cat if I was playing with that thing...

I wonder if the controller resembles in any way shape or form the handling of an actual sword. Maybe they should make it so you can attach it to a sword of your choosing for those who have space to do so... ;D

"Tears are for the craven, prayers are for the clown.
Halters for the silly neck that cannot keep a crown.
As my loss is grievous, so my hope is small.
For Iron, Cold Iron, must be master of men all..."
-Cold Iron, Rudyard Kipling
William P

PostPosted: Sun 07 Apr, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Colt Reeves wrote:
What I can't understand is why the guy testing it is sitting down. I mean, seriously? I'd be standing up, jumping around, and accidently maiming the cat if I was playing with that thing...

I wonder if the controller resembles in any way shape or form the handling of an actual sword. Maybe they should make it so you can attach it to a sword of your choosing for those who have space to do so... ;D

well both nintendo and the PS3 move system have both had things you can slot the Wiimote and the PS move controllers into in order to make things more realistic feeling. particularly in the aiming of guns etc, it essentially turns the console into those arcade games like time crisis and house of the dead.

they did it with swords and wands as well but since i havent played the wii much i cant say how well they work.
Marik C.S.

PostPosted: Sun 07 Apr, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Colt Reeves wrote:

That's because the system isn't wireless. No idea how long the cables are - just ordered mine and it is backordered for 2 weeks - but standing up might be a bit problematic.

Also unlike the console versions, this one works by detecting changes in a magnetic field created by the base unit, I'm not sure how it's calibrated but it might need to be about desk-high - i.e. aligned with the base unit - to work properly, which would make standing up even more problematic if the unit thinks you are holding it about head high while sitting instead of standing.

And no, it's not really sword shaped. Infact it is not even one controller, you get one for each hand which might make controlling a longsword a bit weird, if you don't have both hands connected to each other by the hilt.
Something like this could make for a fun controller, but that needs a very successful first launch of the virtual system to become a reality I guess.

Still, I'm eager to test this game and thankful for this thread, I rarely look into the Greenlight section on Steam and would have missed it there.

Europe - Where the History comes from. - Eddie Izzard

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Clang: game
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic