myArmoury.com site crash
Hi everybody.

As I mentioned in a previous announcement, we experienced a catastrophic site crash that resulted in hard drive failure this week. Our backups were corrupted and I could only restore the site to where it was as of December 30, 2012.

This has resulted in the complete loss of any and all data added in 2013, including any topics posted, member registrations, logs, and everything else.

The hard drives in the server have been replaced and the server rebuilt. I will be investing in another backup methodology as soon as I am able to dig myself out of the pile of work ahead of me.

I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience. There was a lot of good stuff lost.
Please get busy and re-post all that good stuff!
Three months is not the end of the world. Thanks for all the hard work Nathan.
As Dan said, thanks for all the hard work. For my part, I stop here every day, it's become my replacement for the daily paper and greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your hard work, and getting the site up and running again. I've had a hole in my life, and it hasn't been down that long. A lot of good data lost, but nothing that can't be recovered, I'll do my part and write up my posts again...
Thanks for all your hard work to recover data and get it up and running again.
William Swiger wrote:

Thanks... I wish it worked out better. :(
Hi,

This is actually my first post here:) I have been a member for a short time. But I wanted to say THANK YOU!!!! for all of your hard work. This is a great forum and I have learned so much from here. Keep up the great work!

Randy
Nathan Robinson wrote:
William Swiger wrote:

Thanks... I wish it worked out better. :(

If all we lost was posts from since the first of the year that's pretty awesome. Thank you for working so hard on this Nathan.
Thanks for all hard-work efforts, Nathan!!!

I wish this never happened again.
YAY!
Go Nathan! Our favorite forum is back.
Thank you so much for all your hard work. :)

We never know how much we'll miss something until it's gone. So true about this forum. I hadn't realsied I was a myArmoury-junkie until I had to go cold turkey!

But who cares about the most recent posts and things, we can simply make new ones about those lost topics now. It'll even be fun doing it. ;)
still having problems replying
I will try to contribute more.

I have attempted to post several photos with no real success but as this is my new net home for swords I will attempt to put some meat on the bones of myArmoury
Nathan, when you get some time, I think the modification to the classifieds forum that put a "sold" notice in big blue text at the top of posts in threads for items marked "sold" got lost in the reboot. Just saw this note and thought I would check for it.
Well, I think myArmoury.com shall continue without a hitch. Long live myArmoury.com!
I´m happy this great site is working again, the rest is of secondary importance.
Thanks for the supportive comments, guys. I wish it would have worked out better, but I'm glad we're alive and kicking of course.

I'm still digging myself out of the issue. The time it took me to deal with the problem caused a lot of backlog in my day job and I am trying hard to catch up there. Likewise, there's now backlog in many myArmoury.com-related activities and commitments. I wanted to mention this in case you've had a hard time getting wordy responses from me or are waiting on me for one thing or another. I'm still catching up with a lot of day-to-day things and with the other responsibilities that life requires that I'm a tad bit overwhelmed. Please be patient with me.

Thank you!
"Sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together."---Marilyn Monroe :D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: