Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > What happened to this forum? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Felix R. wrote:
If anybody is interested in my opinion. Donīt bother with the topics of the last months, just carry on. The most recent stuff should be in your minds to start over new. Just carry on. Why bother with the corrupt bits reconstruction. Just use your precious time for something else.

Thanks for the encouragement, Felix. I appreciate it. This may very well be something that needs to happen. I'm going to spend this evening and some time tomorrow to see what else I can do. If I can't get further, I'll call it quits and we'll do exactly as you say: continue from where we left off at the first of the year. That will be unfortunate, as there was some good content added in the last few months and some other important records that I really have no idea how I'm going to rebuild except with a ton of less than fun forensic work on my part.

It would be good if you can recover more of what was lost but if we have to just carry on from where we where in December it's a lot better than losing a lot more of it.

Some of us can probably remember some of the Topics we participated in or created and re-post them when things are back on line: I'm thinking mostly of pics of informal reviews, DIY projects, or products releases by makers, or Marketplace Forum Topics and replies.

I generally know which pics I posted are missing and I could easily re-post them.

I avoided sending you any personal e-mails as the last thing you needed is a flood of questions as you deal with this frustrating and tiring mess to fix as much as it can be fixed.

Do your best, as I assume you are doing, but at a certain point you just have to move on.

If and when you have the time, and if it's something you want to let us know about, I would be curious to know if this was mostly a hardware problem or one caused by some malicious malware ? At least without getting really technical about it.

I know that when my computer had technical issues a few years ago and had to buy a new one and try to save all my files and settings it was like losing a limb and extremely " unpleasant " and stressful.

Let us know if this means out of pocket costs so that we can help you keep this place functional.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Colt Reeves

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I wondered what had happened when I checked back and couldn't find a couple three threads. Like everyone else has been saying, do whatever you need to do and don't worry too much about what fat gets trimmed. If it is important people will bring it up again, if not, then it didn't matter too much.
"Tears are for the craven, prayers are for the clown.
Halters for the silly neck that cannot keep a crown.
As my loss is grievous, so my hope is small.
For Iron, Cold Iron, must be master of men all..."
-Cold Iron, Rudyard Kipling
Phil D.

Reading list: 56 books

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan,as I stated earlier...I truly appreciate your efforts man.This site has been and IS outstanding. We all appreciate your superhuman efforts in maintaining this site .But we all know that you can only do so much.Even if a percentage is not salvageable that is OK. Thanks to you we have all become brothers/sisters of the sword.We can repost and keep going.

You seem to be quite the perfectionist(as l am w/my art). So I can relate but with these responses, I hope that you now know that you have allot of understanding folks that truly value what myArmoury has become to our community..If there is any way ,please let us help you.

"A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the world." -- Louis Pasteur

"A gentleman should never leave the house without a sharp knife, a good watch, and great hat."
Randall Moffett

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that. If we can help with anything let us know.

I did some web design years ago but am only so-so but will do my best to help if it will help you and the myArmoury Forum out.

Good luck Nathan!

RPM
Aaron Hoard

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I really appreciate this site and you should do whatever's easiest to get it back up. If that means re-starting with December, then so be it.

Thanks again for your work on this site.
Johan Gemvik

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Seriously, I'm just happy I can post again here. I think everyone understands this happens to servers sometimes.
Thanks for all the effort Nathan, I really appreciate this site. But don't kill yourself over it we can just start fresh with what is lost.

"The Dwarf sees farther than the Giant when he has the giant's shoulder to mount on" -Coleridge
P. Frank

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I haven't contributed anything really, so it is easy enough for me to say, but I would like to second the notion that starting from December is already quite something compared to having to start all over again.

If that is what has to happen, c'est la vie.

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > What happened to this forum?
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: