brescia Spadona scabbard
Hi All,

I had a comission to make 3 scabbards for the same client, all using his heraldry inset as a shield near the throat; this is the last of them.

The brief was to make a scabbard that would look at home on the hip of a North Italian man about town in the middle of the 15thC and it was to have steel fittings and a central rib - this is the result and I hope you like it.

Any questions or comments are very welcome.

Regards

Tod

Attachment: 207.27 KB
brescia whole.jpg

Attachment: 201.46 KB
brescia 3 quarter.jpg

Attachment: 211.57 KB
brescia top.jpg

I tend to like this era and style and so take this comment with the right context applied:

That's one of the nicest modern-made scabbards I've seen created. I absolutely love it.
Very rich looking detailing and I think it would look just right with the rich fabric of a nobleman's clothing of the period.

Anyway, it almost has a textile satin brocade look to it. :D :cool:
Bloody hell. I can see that man parading along the streets of Ferrara with sprezzatura.
Tod, you just keep getting better and better. This is beautiful work.
Very well done!! Is there anyway we could get some close ups of the detailing? Also what technique did you use?

Josh
Tod,
You are the best. The scabbard is amazing.

Jonathan
Subtle but still rich in appearance. Outstanding work.
I know what I'm putting on my X-mas list!
-T
Beautiful scabbard. My Brescia Spadona scabbard pales in comparison. Congratulations to the lucky person getting this work of art.
Having seen this in the flesh I have to say the photos don't do it justice. It is a truly stunning piece. The new owner is very lucky.
Wow, that's fantastic!
Superb! That one is as close to perfection to me as the one you made for Soren's Albion Prince.

Magnificent carving work!

J
I have seen a lot of amazing scabbard work coming out lately but this one really stands out as one of the best. I would love to see what this suspension system looks like in wear. I assume that the tongue goes through both buckles, one to fasten the belt and the other to adjust the angle of the scabbard, is this correct?
That Spadona found itself a beautiful home ! Splendid work Leo !

Stefan
Stefan Hanson wrote
Quote:
That Spadona found itself a beautiful home ! Splendid work Leo !

Thank you Stefan, and I must say that seeing what you did with your modified Albion scabbard totally inspired me to go 'that bit further' with this one. Your piece is exceptional.

Tod

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: