Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Trying to track down a sword pic Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Sean McDaniel

PostPosted: Sun 24 Oct, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Trying to track down a sword pic         Reply with quote

Hey all,

I am trying to track down a pic of the sword that got me started on collecting back in my teenybopper days. (Accidentally came into possession of a Museum Replicas Limited catalog back when they were still the dinky format instead of magazine format and just slobbered over this blade). So... my hope is that one of you lovely folks might have bought or at least acquired an image of the sword. It was called Wildsong or Windsong in the MRL catalog, and fell into their fantasy section of course (hey I was a kid ok? Hmm, but then my very historical looking Knightly hand-and-a-half was in the fantasy section too, because it was an original design and not a replica). If you have a pic of it, spot it my way PLEASE! If you actually have the sword, you could consider gifting it to me... (kidding!)

Thanks in advance,
Sean. Big Grin
Joseph C.

PostPosted: Tue 02 Nov, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've got the old catalog with the picture in it. Alas, I have no scanner. Would you like me to take a picture of it? (It would be a week or so before I could get around to it.)
Hosea 4:6a
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Sean McDaniel

PostPosted: Wed 03 Nov, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Excellent! I would be thrilled to get the shot Happy Send it on with many thanks from me. And if anyone else can scan a catalog, I will still take that.
"The name of the sword sayd the Lady is Excalibur, that is as muche to say it cuts stele" Sir Thomas Malory, Le Morte D'Arthur, 1485.
Alex Oster

PostPosted: Wed 03 Nov, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

well I was about to toss this on the bonfire with the other 10 years of catalogs and misc. paperwork that ends up filling a filing cabnet, when I sat down to take a break... funny how things fall in place...
The pen is mightier than the sword, especially since it can get past security and be stabbed it into a jugular.
This site would be better if everytime I clicked submit... I got to hear a whip crack!
My collection: Various Blades & Conan related
Sean McDaniel

PostPosted: Wed 03 Nov, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Big Grin And now scans. I love you guys, and this site ::gleefully runs off with his scanned images::
"The name of the sword sayd the Lady is Excalibur, that is as muche to say it cuts stele" Sir Thomas Malory, Le Morte D'Arthur, 1485.
Joseph C.

PostPosted: Sat 20 Nov, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, the scans are better than my pictures, but I said I'd take them... So here they are.

Attachment: 94.21 KB
Wildsong01.JPG

Attachment: 81.2 KB
Wildsong02.JPG

Hosea 4:6a
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat 20 Nov, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

"densified to a superior hardness" ? With a Del Tin blade, that was probably an OK sword.
Sam Barris

PostPosted: Sat 20 Nov, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yeah. They made a mistake switching to Windlass. The first weapons I drooled over ( I think I was about twelve at the time) were the War Sword and the Twisted Hilt Rapier, both by Del Tin and featured in one of those tiny catalogues they used to have. At the time, I was already nursing growing obsessions with history and epic poetry, so finding that catalogue just sealed my fate.I wonder how many of us started down this path in a similar fashion... Happy
Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
Sean McDaniel

PostPosted: Tue 23 Nov, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, though I too think the Del Tin blades are better... honestly, for most people's purposes, Windlass blades are passable. Most people just hang them on walls, or wear them for costume purposes. Hardest duty I have seen most subjected to is a little stage combat, usually not requiring a first rate blade. I mean, if you want a good, historically accurate fighting blade, and are willing to pay for the "real" thing, you aren't buying factory production pieces anyway. Even Windlass pieces would have been considered passable blades back in the day, just not what a wealthy nobleman would have worn. Production pieces are production pieces, whatever the time period ::shrugs:: but that's just my opine of course.

At any rate, thanks again to everyone who sent pics of my original dream sword Big Grin I ended up not getting that one, since it went out of production before I had the cash for it. So instead, I wear a Mus Reps Knightly Hand-and-a-half sword, with a Del Tin blade. It shows some production flaws in my opinion, such as one side's fuller not ending the same way as the other, but hey... like I said, production piece. I live with little errors like that, and enjoy showing off my big @$$ sword at ren faires and highland games Wink ::walks off whistling merrily as he goes scaring people with his 4-foot bastard sword::

James Aldrich

PostPosted: Tue 23 Nov, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sam Barris wrote:
Yeah. They made a mistake switching to Windlass. Happy

Their accountants would disagree. BTW, "they" are Windlass.

JSA

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Trying to track down a sword pic
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic