Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Bayonet Identification Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Matthew Massey

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Bayonet Identification         Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a bayonet that I had found in my dad's house last year when he passed away. We was going through his stuff and had found this in a corner behind a door. And it has no marking on it at all. My dad collected all kinds of things and I never new he had this. Wish I could've asked him about it when he was still alive. I was hoping someone could help ID this for me. By some of the pictures I've seen online it looks like Japanese. Not sure though not up on by bayonet history Happy. I was trying to add a couple pictures to this post but it won't allow me to. If you would like to see it I could email it to you.

Respectfully,

Matthew Massey
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Bayonet Identification         Reply with quote

Matthew Massey wrote:
Hello,

I have a bayonet that I had found in my dad's house last year when he passed away. We was going through his stuff and had found this in a corner behind a door. And it has no marking on it at all. My dad collected all kinds of things and I never new he had this. Wish I could've asked him about it when he was still alive. I was hoping someone could help ID this for me. By some of the pictures I've seen online it looks like Japanese. Not sure though not up on by bayonet history Happy. I was trying to add a couple pictures to this post but it won't allow me to. If you would like to see it I could email it to you.

Hello Matthew...

Check the size of your photo file which may be a little too large to be acceptable. If you can reduce the size you should be able to attach it to a post. You will get a much better response by doing that than trying to send individual e-mails.

Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982
Matthew Massey

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Bayonet Identification         Reply with quote

Matthew Massey wrote:
Hello,

Ok here is a picture of the bayonet. Sorry for no picture before didn't think about size of the picture.

Attachment: 159.93 KB
[ Download ]

Respectfully,

Matthew Massey
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Matthew

The bayonet does appear to be a Japanese Arisaka and the following page has mroe information than I can retain or remember.

http://www.old-smithy.info/

You may need to start at the home page and then by country
http://www.old-smithy.info/default.htm

Some of the marks are explained and the page for Japan shows different variations but I believe this to be a basic T-30 of Tokyo manufacture.

Cheers

GC
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Glen is correct. That is an Arisaka bayonet. It appears to be in pretty good condition too. These are not especially rare as a lot of them were brought back by GIs returning from WWII. Still they are always interesting and the fact that your dad collected it makes it important.

Thanks for sharing it.

Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982
Matthew Massey

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lin Robinson wrote:
Glen is correct. That is an Arisaka bayonet. It appears to be in pretty good condition too. These are not especially rare as a lot of them were brought back by GIs returning from WWII. Still they are always interesting and the fact that your dad collected it makes it important.

Thanks for sharing it.

Glen and Lin,

Thank you for the info. this bayonet is pretty awesome and a great piece of world history. I will surely look at the link you guys provided. Yeah my dad loved collecting things and a bayonet would of not surprise me. lol He had a british 303 rifle that I inherited. This is in great shape other that a crack in the stock. anyhow thank you for your help and I like this site will most surely keep visiting. Happy

Respectfully,

Matthew Massey
Matthew Massey

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Matthew Massey wrote:
Lin Robinson wrote:

Thanks for sharing it.

Glen and Lin,

Thank you for the info. this bayonet is pretty awesome and a great piece of world history. I will surely look at the link you guys provided. Yeah my dad loved collecting things and a bayonet would of not surprise me. lol He had a british 303 rifle that I inherited. This is in great shape other that a crack in the stock. anyhow thank you for your help and I like this site will most surely keep visiting. Happy

It appears that on that website that it is a Arisaka T30. There are no marking of any symbol or numbers. but it appears to be a training bayonet. still pretty cool though Happy

Respectfully,

Matthew Massey
Daniel Wallace

PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

if you get into the habit of collecting bayonets, i found this page to be very helpful http://worldbayonets.com/

just more resources for you to draw on if you come across another
Matthew Massey

PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Daniel Wallace wrote:
if you get into the habit of collecting bayonets, i found this page to be very helpful http://worldbayonets.com/

just more resources for you to draw on if you come across another

Thank you for the info Happy

Respectfully,

Matthew Massey

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Bayonet Identification
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic