Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > LF: Engraver for assembled sword furniture Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Gregory J. Liebau

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: LF: Engraver for assembled sword furniture         Reply with quote

Hello folks,

I have an Albion Squire Line "13th Century Knightly" sword that I've been messing around with for a while. I've decided that I don't want to engrave the hilt furniture on this reasonably expensive sword as my first attempt at the art. Is there anyone here who can push me in the right direction to find someone who's willing to do this work?

I plan to draw in permanent marker the exact lines I would like engraved on the hilt and pommel of the sword, and can clean/buff the engraving myself to save money, as I'm on a budget. Between shipping the sword in two directions and actually having someone do the engraving, that should cost enough...

It can be done with a chisel or an air tool, I don't mind the process. I'm more interested in keeping the cost down. Thank you!

-Gregory
Leo Todeschini
Industry Professional

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gregory,

By the time it shipped both ways and actually paid somebody, I think you may rack up quite a bill.

Try all the local engraving shops, look up 'engravers' on google in your area. From shop to shop you will find different skills and machines or equipment and after a few calls, you will probably turn up someone who can do what you want locally at a pretty reasonable price, especially if they are interested.

Good luck

Tod

www.todsworkshop.com
www.todcutler.com
www.instagram.com/todsworkshop
https://www.facebook.com/TodsWorkshop
www.youtube.com/user/todsstuff1
Ralph Grinly

PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Rather than local 'supermarket' style of engraving shops..try contacting local jewelry shops and ask if they know anyone who does the 'classic" style of engraving..with hammer and engraving chisels. Or, an alternative..local gunsmiths ( assuming you're in USA) and ask them if they know anyone who does classic gun engraving. Either of these routes will probably generate more leads than the supermarket guys. Of course, it'll cost more. Happy But quality work is worth it in the end Happy
Justin H. Núñez

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Where are you? I am in northern Utah and 2 blocks from my house is a master engraver, does mostly guns and knives, but I have seen his work and it is incredible! I talked to him once about some simple birght cut lines on a piece I had and he was all for it.
"Nothing in fencing is really difficult, it just takes work." - Aldo Nadi

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > LF: Engraver for assembled sword furniture
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic