Blunted "vendel" type sword?
Hello folks!
I need your help. I'm looking for a blunted sword for re-enactment fighting that goes with my new gear (650ish vendel/valsgärde). Not too heavy and not to costly. Anyone know any good?
Paul Binns comes to mind...
or Tim Noyce at Heron Armoury.
I have looked at Pauls swords but dint quite like his "M" type.
I totaly forgott checking HeronArmoury. Thanks for that :)
Karl,
It really depends on what you want as 'Vendel' period swords range from fairly simple organic fittings with a plain pommel cap all the way up to the fine gold and garnet examples...pretty much the same range of sword designs as you get across the period in the rest of North Western Europe and England.

Neither Paul nor Tim will keep stock of something that suits but both have experience of making weapons for this period and are able to work to your specifications. Best thing would be to have a think about the sort of hilt fittings you want (a copy of Jørgensen's "Waffen und Gräber" or Menghin's "Das Schwert im Fruhen Mittelalter" would help you enormously here), make some sketches and then discuss it with them.

PM me if you'd like some further help with this.
Thanks for the input Matthew!
I have ordered "Waffen und Gräber" from the universitys library ere I live. I shall look into it and deside what I shall do. I have been thinking of ordering just the blade and make my own handle/gurad/pommelcap.
I would love to have guilded pieces and a pomellcap inspired by the one from Hög Edsten as its found pretty close to were I grew up. But that will be a little to expansive I think...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: