Go to page Previous  1, 2

Thanks for clarifying Guys.

I'm not sure I'm in fact using any of the extended abilities provided by the upgraded membership, but I do purchase it anyway:

because the mention on my profile makes me feel empowered :)
but mainly because it is supporting the website

Maybe next year I'll donate instead, to be labeled as a benefactor (which looks equally cool on one's profile :) and see the counter go up when I do so.

J
Julien M wrote:
I'm not sure I'm in fact using any of the extended abilities provided by the upgraded membership, but I do purchase it anyway

I need to revamp this and add more value to the memberships. I just wish I had time to do such work. Life gets in the way a lot of times. Having a real job isn't cool when it comes to interfering with this site!
Nathan Robinson wrote:
I need to revamp this and add more value to the memberships. I just wish I had time to do such work. Life gets in the way a lot of times. Having a real job isn't cool when it comes to interfering with this site!

That would be great indeed, but no worries though...as I think most here appreciate the efforts you put in maintaining this website and keep the place running, and that the success of this donation drive is a strong statement to that.
Oh, silly me, I forgot to click on the pics of the prize swords that Nathan posted as they " expand " to much bigger pics when one clicks on them. ;) :D :cool:

Just did so and really nice swords became really " NICE SWORDS ", WOW now I'm really liking these !

So, as Nathan reminded before ENTER the contest if you are already eligible even if it reduces my odds of winning. ;) :lol:
Julien M wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:

That would be great indeed, but no worries though...as I think most here appreciate the efforts you put in maintaining this website and keep the place running, and that the success of this donation drive is a strong statement to that.

I have to admit I also mainly upgraded my membership to support the site, whatever comes with it is just a nice bonus I might or might not use. So I'd second the "no worries" statement.
Just " bumping " this one for people who may have missed the announcement and the prizes and contest conditions, the other donation drive Topic has more recent posts and doesn't need bumping.

We are within striking distance of the $4000 mark and any funds help Nathan keeping the site functional and give him the flexibility to add the occasional contests and a buffer in case of unexpected expenses.
Time is almost up!

ONLY ONE MORE WEEK LEFT!
Remember you have to enter the contest if you want to be in the running to win!

HOW TO ENTER:

Follow the instructions shown in this button:

[ Linked Image ]

If the button says you can click it to enter, that's all you have to do.

It it says something else, you can click it for further info. Make sure you're logged-in before you try to enter.
Thank you to Michael for donating the swords and to Nathan for running such a good site. I donated again (just because).

(BTW: I'm not really motivated by the various membership level benefits. I support just because this place is such a good resource. For the good of the realm, and all that.)
I've just entered the contest too, by a hair's breadth I think! :)
I've been "silent" in this site for a while, but this is the occasion to go back to share with you my passion for arms!
Wonderful prizes, really!
Greetings all-

This site is a magnificent resource for all of us who appreciate historic arms and armour, and I'm pleased to have the opportunity to help Nathan with my modest donations. My thanks to all who have contributed to the contest, and good luck!

Respectfully,
Michael Quinlan
Thanks for the reminder to donate. I have learned so much about metal working and historical accuracy from this site and that is invaluable.
Only a few days left and the participation has been great and the original objective of $2500 was reached very early.

We are still not at the 100 donators mark but closing in on it as well as close to $4000, a few more people donating would be nice as the numbers of people contributing is also encouraging apart from the amount raised.

This is one, if not the best site for friendly interactions and the quality of the information from very knowledgeable people including industry professionals, scholars, writers as well as well informed " amateurs " ( In the best sense of the word ).

Looking forward to congratulating the winners of the Windlass swords in a few days. :D :cool:
This contest entry period is over. The winners have been announced!
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: