Academia Duellatoria - Portland OR
I've recently relocated to Portland Oregon and landed in a spot with Kendo, Fencing, and perhaps an historical western fencing school all within a few minutes drive. I was wondering if any Portland forum members have heard of the Academia Duellatoria off of Olsen Road in southwest Portland? They teach Italian longsword and sword/buckler. Any comments welcome. Thanks!
I've been to their longsword class twice, and I thought it was really fun. I'm no expert, but I definitely got the impression that the folks there have plenty of expertise, and are quite good teachers. They offer a really wide range of weapons and disciplines for their size, and have a really welcoming attitude. I'm certainly planning on heading back once I can afford a membership.
You might also want to look up a group in Portland called Drei Wunder. As their name implies, they do more German stuff, particularly wrestling and longsword. Good people, I've worked with them on a few occasions before.
Joel N wrote:
You might also want to look up a group in Portland called Drei Wunder. As their name implies, they do more German stuff, particularly wrestling and longsword. Good people, I've worked with them on a few occasions before.

Thanks! I hadn't seen this one!
Ken and anyone else reading this, Drei Wunder is still up and running but will also be sponsoring an Introduction to German Longsword class starting in January 2014. Check out the website www.indeswma.com for all the details or e-mail me at indeswma@gmail.com and I would be happy to answer any questions.
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I don't frequent this forum much.
I am one of the instructors at Academia Duellatoria and happy to answer any questions you might have.
Our website is here and we are keeping pretty busy. http://duellatoria.com/

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: