Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Odinblades Swords Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Kevin Coleman M.

PostPosted: Sat 25 Aug, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Odinblades Swords         Reply with quote

Hello all,
I'm wondering if there are any happy owners of a sword from Odinblades, and if those individuals can tell me a bit about their handling, construction and general adherence to historical arms.
Thanks,
Kevin
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 25 Aug, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've owned many swords over the years, both custom and production. I can honestly say that my Odinblades have been the among some of the best handling and best performing swords that I've owned. John Lundemo is a great smith, and he has his craft down to perfection. Both his fantasy or historically inspired blades shine as being well-crafted, durable, functional, and aesthetically pleasing. Not to mention, John is not only a super nice guy to know; but you will get exactly what you want from him with no hassle in a reasonable amount of time.

John makes what you want - so if you want an exacting historical replica, then that would be what you would get. If you wanted to mix up historical elements a bit for an original creation, then you could do that. If you wanted something from Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones, he could do that as well. So, concerning historical adhearance, that would be up to you, however, in his historically-inspired blades, I have seen nothing but perfection when addressing blades, harmonics, pommels, grips, guard forms, and sheer performance.

Try one out. If you do, you'll want another one. Laughing Out Loud

Now for some eye-candy. First up, a fantasy piece. This is the Morrigan, which is a non-typified leaf bladed bastard sword. Cuts like a dream, has a nice unique look. One of the best cutting swords ever, this is currently my favorite practical blade in the hand. It's just amazing! Happy

Next up is a Steerboard, which is a Type XIIa for the most part, with some other elements mixed in for a great performing longsword. Nice long 38" blade, with a 9" grip and a 5" PoB makes it nice and fast with a lot of authority - a bit more graceful that you would typically expect a Type XIIa to be.

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
William Swiger

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Sun 26 Aug, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

John Lundemo makes very good swords. His swords pretty much run from historical inspired to fantasy and a bunch in between. I have 5 of his swords and one on order. The balance and overall handling are excellent.

Robert Brandt

PostPosted: Sun 26 Aug, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well...
Since we are posting Odin eye candy...
Oh. And what Jonathan and Bill said.

History was certainly far more complex, varied, and intriguing than the blanket of generalities that we so often lay over our handful of surviving data points.
Kevin Coleman M.

PostPosted: Sun 26 Aug, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow, high praise indeed... I'm sorry I didn't find John's site earlier.
Jeremy A. Hart

PostPosted: Sun 26 Aug, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have a bit of an obsession with the type XIV... John recently made me one, and i've handled a good number of swords (though far less than Sarge and Sr. Swiger) I can honestly say mine is one of the best of the type I've held, barring perhaps to Sovereign or Solingen. And those only because i've not used one.

And, obligatory eye candy-

EDIT- Photo's aren't coming through, and the photobuckets are posting as too big, however, eye candy is now attached.

Attachment: 57.63 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 169.88 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 46.61 KB
[ Download ]

‎"Eyes that fire and sword have seen / And horror in the walls of stone / Look at last on meadows green / And trees and hills they have long known."

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Odinblades Swords
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic