Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Stolen Swords A&A - help us keep them from benefitting Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Stolen Swords A&A - help us keep them from benefitting         Reply with quote

These pics are of swords stolen from our shop on August 5th in Minneapolis. Please be on the look out for these at any place swords might be on sale in our area and online for everyone out there in the big old www. While we do not expect to recover much we would like to make it as hard as possible for the %^(&Y*&&_ who took them to find it hard to gain any benefit from their nasty bit of work. We will post more as we total up the loss. There is a schiavonna made by another maker probably at least twenty years old with a bronze pommel but not sure I have a pic of that.

It was a regular old burglery in the middle of the night we are just glad they took items that belonged to us and not customers orders.

Attachment: 46.32 KB
aWrithst.jpg

Attachment: 49.28 KB
aSV3view.jpg

Attachment: 139.26 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 121.54 KB
[ Download ]
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig,
Sorry to hear this. At least they didn't take expensive equipment or too many irreplaceable things.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Bad all around         Reply with quote

Thanks for the condolences Chad,

Yes we where lucky in a way but some of the hilts where the first version we had made or had bits of detail and extra stuff. We can remake it all if need be but not much time or ability to afford that these days.

We are glad it is just a loss of time dealing with this that affects others, rather than something that was ready to ship disappearing.

Best
Craig
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

(11 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'll be on the lookout for sure! This kind of thing always enrages me. I loathe thieves and I really hope they get caught and sent to jail.
Dan Rosen

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just shared the page on a crap ton on Facebook pages for reenactors, ren fairs, and historians, as well as the shop pages for Kult of Athena and Therion Arms. Hopefully they'll turn up. So sorry to hear about this; with any luck the goods will be found.
-Dan Rosen

"One day there will be no more frontier, and men like you will go too."
J.D. Crawford

(5 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

To us, stealing from A&A is like stealing from a church. I hope the thief(ves) and potential buyers hear that there are a lot angry collectors out here watching for these. I wouldn't be upset if the thief tripped over his profits and fell on the pointy end. That would be appropriate karma.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J.D. Crawford wrote:
To us, stealing from A&A is like stealing from a church. I hope the thief(ves) and potential buyers hear that there are a lot angry collectors out here watching for these. I wouldn't be upset if the thief tripped over his profits and fell on the pointy end. That would be appropriate karma.

I think everyone here will take a dim view of the thieves. However, wishing/hoping for them to come to bodily harm crosses a line for me and, I suspect, for the guy who runs this site. Let's not go down that road any more, even in jest.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Jeremy V. Krause

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm sorry about this Craig and everyone at A&A,

I'll keep an eye out. Likely, these thieves didn't even know the importance of what they were just taking. Just low class detritus.

I imagine you guys filed a police report in case something ends up at an area pawn shop. I have gotten back a few items which were stolen before and the cops found them in a pawn shop.

Your reaction to the whole thing- thinking of the customers first- demonstrates your character and shows why we admire A&A so much.
Jeremy A. Hart

PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I usually lurk here, but I wanted to post in my support of your conduct in response to this, and to offer my condolences. Every and any where I could think of to share this thread to has been shared, and I hope these swords are returned swiftly to you.
‎"Eyes that fire and sword have seen / And horror in the walls of stone / Look at last on meadows green / And trees and hills they have long known."
Sean O Stevens

PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Awww... they snagged a Writhen Rapier... that is on the top of my 'must have' list and I am always keeping a lookout on the market for one. I will be sure to keep a closer eye open now.
Chris Peroni

PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J.D. Crawford wrote:
To us, stealing from A&A is like stealing from a church. I hope the thief(ves) and potential buyers hear that there are a lot angry collectors out here watching for these.

I hope they don't hear about those who know they stole these swords- that way we can catch them trying to sell them! The safer they feel the better chance A&A has of being tipped off by one of the thousands who will hear about this in our circles
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Really angry about this and hope they catch those guys.

Maybe you will have to increase security at the shop if you don't already have an alarm system ?

There are now systems that will send live, and probably record, video to a smart phone when someone approaches entrances to shop or home and where you can even talk to someone at the door if it's a legitimate visitor !

Some alarm companies offer this as an extra to just an alarm. ( At least they do locally where I live ).

Also, good that you can probably check your premises remotely if you just want to see if everything is O.K. there.

It's not just having things stolen it's also the sense of having your space violated and the nervous feelings and increased hyper vigilance that crime victims often feel !

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Bryan W.

PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hope they get caught! I think anyone who sees stuff being put up for sale will look a little closer for you.
Joe Fults

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is rotten and I hope it does not happen again.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Aaron Hoard

PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Really sorry to hear about this. I hope they get caught (or, at least don't profit from this).
J.D. Crawford

(5 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 09 Aug, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
J.D. Crawford wrote:

I think everyone here will take a dim view of the thieves. However, wishing/hoping for them to come to bodily harm crosses a line for me and, I suspect, for the guy who runs this site. Let's not go down that road any more, even in jest.

I think you mis-read my post Chad. I did not say I wish the thieves to come to harm. I said it would not upset me. My point was that boneheads like this tend to bring harm upon themselves...and chose a colorful example, a la 'stupidist criminal videos'.

My heart goes out to A&A, especially my good friend Craig.
Lancelot Chan
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 09 Aug, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that and my best wishes go to you. Hope the thieves get caught and have your stuff returned. Sad
Ancient Combat Association —http://www.acahk.org
Realistic Sparring Weapons — http://www.rsw.com.hk
Nightstalkers — http://www.nightstalkers.com.hk
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: An Additional Item         Reply with quote

Here is an additional item that is missing pic.

Thank you for all your positive energy everyone. It is a sad thing when people with no honor do things to make life hard for the rest of us. But as I like to tell my kids, this is an excellent opportunity for us to demonstrate our integrity and honor.

Attachment: 20.19 KB
[ Download ]
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig, from the choices they made in what to take and depending on how much time was available to them to be picky versus just grabbing what was fast and easy to take, one could get an idea if these " lowlifes " know the value of what they took and would be likely to try to sell to collectors rather than try to get small change from a pawn shop !

Does it look like someone who has visited your premisses before and knew exactly what to take and where to find it ?

Visitors, tradesmen doing a repair job, an untrustworthy relative or friend of an (ex) employee ?

So a targeted burglary or a random break in ? Where they will try to sell might depend a great deal on much of the above and might be useful if the police actually make and effort to solve the crime.

The pattern might fit numerous local burglaries and the police might have suspicions about who could be
" The usual suspects ".

Anyway, I hope you get your stuff back, they catch the guys who did it and that you can harden your security to make it harder to break in.

( Note: best to not give us information here that might help catch these guys, and my post is mostly to give you suggestions rather than getting answers. Wink Big Grin Cool )

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!

Last edited by Jean Thibodeau on Fri 10 Aug, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Christopher Treichel

PostPosted: Fri 10 Aug, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Pics are getting shared arround on Facebook as well now

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Stolen Swords A&A - help us keep them from benefitting
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: