Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Arms and Armor custom German two-hander Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Matthew P. Adams

PostPosted: Sun 29 Jul, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Arms and Armor custom German two-hander         Reply with quote

I was looking around the arms and armor website and came across this custom sword, http://www.arms-n-armor.com/custom912.html

I'm hoping someone on here might own it. I'd love to hear how it handles, where it balances, if the blade has any sag, etc. etc. and pictures of the whole thing would be great to see!

I can't seem to shake the idea of commissioning a sharp version of their Spadone out of my head, but it wouldn't be for a year or so, so I'm hesitant to bother them before I'm ready to seriously put down an order.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training" Archilochus, Greek Soldier, Poet, c. 650 BC
Daniel Wallace

PostPosted: Wed 01 Aug, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

i look at that sword almost every time i go to their page - it kills me not to see a pic of the entire blade. their teasing me it seems.

when i think about getting a new blade A&A is always the first on my mind for some reason. maybe because i hold my A&A bastard sword in such high regard. the other two hander on their site is the english two hander but i think what you and i are looking for matt is close to the same category.

myself i'm still looking for something with parrier haken, hexagonal cross section that tapers to the tip, with quillon rings. lutels 16001 and 16003 fit what i'm looking for other than just attempting to get something totally custom. and i'm torn, i should just give it and get one already Mad but i'm really holding off to get a forge to begin making my own knife blades.
Josh S

PostPosted: Wed 01 Aug, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Behold: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p...ht=#134227
On the second page he states that it is indeed the same sword you are asking about, as well as here: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p...ht=#132555
Matthew P. Adams

PostPosted: Wed 01 Aug, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Awesome! Thank you!
"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training" Archilochus, Greek Soldier, Poet, c. 650 BC
Tim Mathews

PostPosted: Mon 06 Aug, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: AA German two hander         Reply with quote

Matthew,
I apologize for the delay with my reply ... I am the proud owner of the AA German two hander ...
the balance suffered slightly when we switched the original gaurd to the one you see on the website ... In my opinion she handles like a dream ...
I have antiqued the blade and will try and get some pics of the full blade and get some more precise specs ... I will be at the MN Renaissance Faire starting Aug 18 for the run and have some time to get some pictures .etc. .
Please feel free to PM me with any further questions .
Best
Tim[/quote]

Tim Mathews

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Arms and Armor custom German two-hander
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic