Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Crusader Monk: A Few Scabbards For The Road Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Crusader Monk: A Few Scabbards For The Road         Reply with quote

Here are three blades that I worked up for KoA this week:

First up, Windlass Classic Medieval. Original grip was removed and replaced with an antique cross-hatched one in black leather. The hardware was given a 400gr stain finish, then lightly darkened with cold blue for nice grey patina. The scabbard was done in a dark brown and the intergrated angled suspension was crafted in black leather and aged for a 'used, but cared for look'. The final touch was a Jerusalem Cross embossed at the throat of the scabbard to fit a Crusader theme. I think it's a great improvement which makes a Plain Jane sword look like it's been out on a few campaigns.

Next up, an H/T Early Medieval Single-Handed Sword. This one was given a satin refinsh to do away with the chrome looking finish H/T puts on these from the factory. Next, it was given a nice antique tan grip. The scabbard was done in oxblood with risers to match the fullers on the blade. The suspension is a frog done in a slightly darker shade of antique tan, finished off with a tan belt. All in all, the package has a nice older look to it with the color combinations and would do well for a man-at-arms from the 13 or 14th centuries.

Lastly, a Windlass Longsword. I started off by stripping off the old grip and giving it a black Gothic inspired one with X pattern set off with a copper tack. Next, I gave the hardware a satin finish then darkened it with cold blue for a nice aged look. The scabbard is black with fuller-matching risers and a tied two-point suspension done up in oxblood. The belt was also crafted in oxblood. The hardware is all steel. I really like the looks of this sword like this, so I plan on doing one up with a Gothic theme for myself.

This horde will be available from KoA soon! Big Grin

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Good looking scabbards like the others you've shown, with just enough extras on them to elevate their appearance without adding too much to their price.

If you don't mind, could you explain the connection with KOA? Will you be supplying them with scabbards, or will this be a situation where a KOA customer specifically asks for one of your scabbards? Whatever, it sounds intriguing.
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger Hooper wrote:
Good looking scabbards like the others you've shown, with just enough extras on them to elevate their appearance without adding too much to their price.

If you don't mind, could you explain the connection with KOA? Will you be supplying them with scabbards, or will this be a situation where a KOA customer specifically asks for one of your scabbards? Whatever, it sounds intriguing.

As of right now, the only connection between KOA and myself are these three swords. This could change in the future, but that's so far down the road that it would not be informative of me to speculate right now. If anything changes, I'd be sure to update accordingly. Happy

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Crusader Monk: A Few Scabbards For The Road
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic