For Sale: Macassar ebony bokken with dragon carved tsuka
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I’m selling my old macassar ebony (aka kamagong) bokken.

Overall length: 41”
Tsuka: about 10.5”-11” depending on where you decide the tsuka stops and the “blade” begins.
Sori: about 0.8”

This is a fancy hardwood presentation bokken. I forget the original seller as it was bought 6+ years ago, back when these bokken first started showing up; I believe it was Artha Gallery but I cannot guarantee that. Ultimately it is a bit irrelevant as I believe these are all made by some people in the Philippines. From photos, however, I do suspect that this early example is perhaps slightly nicer in the carving quality than the latest versions. That’s just my self-serving opinion, though! ;)

As you can see from the photos it is very nice in appearance and because it’s made of macassar ebony it should be extremely hard and strong (warning: not suitable for paired exercises against softer bokken, which this one may damage). I am selling it because I need the cash and because I am paring my collection down to more and more traditional / historic examples as time goes on.

Never used. Some slight marks here and there, almost invisible in most cases except for one small spot on the kissaki (superficial).

Asking $80 including shipping to CONUS.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Cheers,
—GL
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

SOLD pending payment.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: