Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Crusader Monk: New Clothing for a Pair of H/Ts Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Crusader Monk: New Clothing for a Pair of H/Ts         Reply with quote

Got in a couple of Plain Jane H/Ts this week; a Norman and a Early Medieval.

The Norman was given a new antique tan grip with cross-hatch pattern risers, an antique dark brown scabbard cover, and an antique tan belt with Celtic knotwork embossing. The suspension for the scabbard is a simple laced frog with double belt loops and finished off with a tan latigo tie.

The Early Medieval was given a dark blue grip treatment with evenly spaced risers. The scabbard was done in antique black, with a dark blue frog with two belt loops which laces from the rear. Again, the Celtic knotwork was used as an accent.

The original scabbard fittings were re-used in order to save some money for the customer. Both swords were given a nice satin finish upgrade, to replace the chrome looking factory finish.

Definately an upgrade for these two swords. Happy

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
J. Hargis

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Tinker Pearce / Hanweis are actually very well made swords, as has been discussed at this forum. They had 'project' written all over them, but what Jonathan has done with these goes well beyond what I expected.

You guessed it, they're mine.

Thanks Jonathan.

Jon

A poorly maintained weapon is likely to belong to an unsafe and careless fighter.
William Swiger

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice work. They look totally different now.
J. Hargis

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jun, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I received them both yesterday, and was so pleased with the work J.E. did that I rang him up, a 3 hour time zone difference which woke him up, to tell him how pleased I was. He's a good sport, and didn't tell me to take a hike & call later.

In the flesh they look even better than the pics. The satin finish to the overly shiny guards & pommels is now a tasteful, more pleasing look.

The riser work of the grip re-wraps is clean and makes the feel in the hand completely different. The colors I requested were dead on what I had in mind.

The re-work of the scabbards, making use of some parts of the originals was ingenious on his part, not to mention the very substantial belts with excellent decorative work.. J. E.'s work has such a nice substantial look to it general, nothing looks cheap or bargain basement.

Once again, crusadermonk comes through.

Jon

A poorly maintained weapon is likely to belong to an unsafe and careless fighter.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Crusader Monk: New Clothing for a Pair of H/Ts
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic