Horsman's hammer
Hi, does anyone have any idea how these hammers were assembled? Thank you.

Attachment: 29.22 KB
17th Century.jpg

Attachment: 67.38 KB
17th Century 2.jpg

an exact version of this war hammer was recreated in either this forum or the makers and manufacturers page
William P wrote:
an exact version of this war hammer was recreated in either this forum or the makers and manufacturers page

Thank you very much, i will look for it! :)
Very cool. I'd guess that the head was forced down the widening shaft and then the shaft was peened?
I thought so at first, but if you look carefully, there is a pin under the langet that serves to hold the hammer to the rider's belt, or saddle. Therefore, I concluded that those langets attached to wooden handle are the first to be pinned. I assume they left extensions of these langets at the top, through which the hammer head descends and is seated , and then attached firmly. Finally comes that square cap. But I have no idea if it was done this way and, if it was, how the attachments were made.
William P wrote:

Hi willian, I could not find the page to which you referred. Do you remember the link?
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...highlight=

I think this might be the one he is thinking of. It is an amazing piece.
Tomas B wrote:
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=24641&highlight=

I think this might be the one he is thinking of. It is an amazing piece.

Hi Tomas. Thank you. Thank you so much for showing me the link. The hammer is fantastic. I've read the explanatory text and I will contact him for more details. I hope he does not mind sharing some more pictures and explanations.
William P wrote:

Hi William, Tomas B showed me the link. The hammer is really amazing. I will try to get more information.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: