Swords described by Jorma Leppaaho
I am looking for photos of the swords with Oakeshott type H,I and I1 pommels described in Jorma Leppaaho's Spciteisenzeitliche Waffen aus Finnland: Schwertinschriften und Waffenverzierungen des 9.-12. Jahrhunderts. I have searched and searched and come up with nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There are several cites to Leppaho swords that I desperately want to see. Its really frustrating.

Sorry, I can't help, I'm in the same boat, just looking for different swords.
Yeah, same here. Given the importance that Oakeshott has assigned to Leppaho's work, its a terrible shame the original work is not more readily available. If anyone knows a way to get a hold of it, great.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:ST5Hd4X3BhgJ:vddb.laba.lt/fedora/get/LT-eLABa-0001:J.04~2007~ISSN_1392-5520.N_8.PG_302-309/DS.002.1.01.ARTIC+jorma+leppaaho+sword&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESh81uMhpHGkAzwBxV5__W4j01cN1Pc5cMEJner_7E-WyLodizO2v7GephltA-TK9iq_5zBirvIu7kNsT1gS7N0tcSOQ_MUngIRaQdANjBQypmnBoNiwpmqTGkLmt7IhWxN-Dej5&sig=AHIEtbQ4vYNxN4k_4goI_zofQhMyAkVRvg
Found something! "The Meaning oh Weapons as Grave Goods: Examples from two Southwest Finnish Crusade Period cemeteries by Sari Mantyla. Includes pics of very simple swords similar to Xa.2, Xa.3, XI.3 and XI.5, along with the associated spearheads and type M axes.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: