Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Show us your artifacts. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Justin Klier

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jun, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Show us your artifacts.         Reply with quote

Hello, this is my first post and I have to say I love the amount of information to be had on this site.

So, straight to it then. I've seen people post their reproduction kits, but no artifact collections. I thought I'd start one. So, without further ado, here is my collection.

We have two rings, a spear head, a seax, an arrow head, a pendant, and an axe head.[/img]

Attachment: 98.57 KB
[ Download ]
Scott Woodruff

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jun, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have nothing old of my own to show, but would like to know more about yours. Did most of those originate in Eastern Europe?
David Lewis Smith

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jun, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have some things that are old, a Roman ring from Circa 4th Century AD, a sword from what would become central Iran that I think is Circa 9th century, A knife from Saudi Arabia that might be the same age and some fossils.

Some where I have some roman coins, 'lost' in the detritus of moving, I know they are here in the house but just not where.

I like your display and what you have shared very much

Dave

David L Smith
MSG (RET)
Nadeem Ahmad

PostPosted: Wed 06 Jun, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

David Lewis Smith wrote:
I have some things that are old, a Roman ring from Circa 4th Century AD, a sword from what would become central Iran that I think is Circa 9th century, A knife from Saudi Arabia that might be the same age and some fossils.

Some where I have some roman coins, 'lost' in the detritus of moving, I know they are here in the house but just not where.

I like your display and what you have shared very much

Dave

Dave, would you mind sharing photos of the Iranian 9th C sword please?

http://http://eranudturan.blogspot.co.uk/

http://romanorumcavalry.weebly.com/
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Wed 06 Jun, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your artifacts.         Reply with quote

Justin Klier wrote:
Hello, this is my first post and I have to say I love the amount of information to be had on this site.

So, straight to it then. I've seen people post their reproduction kits, but no artifact collections. I thought I'd start one. So, without further ado, here is my collection.

We have two rings, a spear head, a seax, an arrow head, a pendant, and an axe head.[/img]

There is a thread, not on general artifacts, but on Antique Medieval Swords here: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...ht=antique
Justin Klier

PostPosted: Wed 06 Jun, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Scott Woodruff wrote:
I have nothing old of my own to show, but would like to know more about yours. Did most of those originate in Eastern Europe?

The Seax and one ring are from near York, England. The other ring and pendent are from the Suffolk, England area. The spear and axe came from Gotland, Sweden. Lastly, the arrow head came from northern Ireland, can't remember or find the papers for exactly where.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Show us your artifacts.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic