Recent site outages
Frequent visitors to myArmoury.com may have noticed some recent downtown over the last several weeks. This has been due to what looks to be a server motherboard problem. It looks like a replacement will be required. Please expect some intermittent downtown until this problem can be resolved.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers
Honestly had not even noticed it.
Joe Fults wrote:
Honestly had not even noticed it.

Me neither and thanks again for the hard work Nathan!
Well I did noticed the occasional difficulty in accessing the site but usually a second try a few minutes later would work, so I haven't noticed any long periods of no access to the site.

These problem have to be fixed, even if only minor at first, as they might be warning signs of bigger system failures or difficulties to come if neglected, and I'm sure that Nathan wants to get these things resolved before they become so disruptive that many people start to notice I imagine.

Anyway, it involves a lot of work and headaches for Nathan and that we should be grateful that he can find the time to debug these kinds of problem and that he would rather be doing something else like sleeping. :cool:

Last edited by Jean Thibodeau on Wed 04 Apr, 2012 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
I'm glad to hear you guys haven't noticed prolonged outages and also glad to have received no other reports or complaints. I sort of fixate on this kind of thing, thinking people are going to be furious or something and then I get stressed out trying to fix it ASAP. I'll chill out now.
I was very happy with blaming the host server. I think I'll stick with my story.
Nathan:

Yes, I experienced the down time on two brief occasions. To be expected occasionally. It is good to see that you're on it though.

More importantly, thanks for building this site in the first place.

Regards, Jon
Nathan,

I can't recommend virtualization enough. I'm running nearly 60 servers on 4 actual physical servers. Both MS and VMWare offer free versions you can get started with. Or you could virtualize to a cloud service.

And no, I didn't notice any outages myself!
John T Miller wrote:
Nathan,

I can't recommend virtualization enough. I'm running nearly 60 servers on 4 actual physical servers. Both MS and VMWare offer free versions you can get started with. Or you could virtualize to a cloud service.

And no, I didn't notice any outages myself!

I'm a fan of such things, but we're on our own box right now and, well, to be honest... I really don't have the time to change everything out. Also, the cost is not necessarily less so all things considered, I just can't afford to do it.

The motherboard got changed yesterday and I've noticed a big change already for the positive.
Nathan Robinson wrote:

The motherboard got changed yesterday and I've noticed a big change already for the positive.

How appropriate - installing a new motherboard on Mothers' Day :D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: