Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

That is a nice kit Jaroslaw. Im not too enthralled in that time period, but I love the way your kit is looking.
I have to echo what Joe and Christopher said, Jaroslaw. That is a totally awesome kit. :)
im gonna third that praise of your armour jaroslaw, ive becme fascinated by the renaisance eriod scwarz reiters and pistoliers etc of that period.
Thank you for words of encouragement! I am still working with this kit.
Armour and equipment are at now "horse and fight ready", some errors
and misunderstandings were invisible on foot ;)

Now I am focused on: horse harness (stirrups, curb bit, bridles etc.)
better wheellock, new leather wams and all details.
Matt,

Simple clean lines, oh yeah!
But I can't help but think that it needs the aventail to be slightly more "fitted", or perhaps be one of those big plate collars instead. But that's just my personal opinion. :D
Is it spring? Have you sat on a horse in it yet?
The bascinet is crap and the aventail is missing its liner there. Also I'm not wearing the mail shirt that I normally would. I have not sat on a horse in it, as I only do foot combat stuff. In any case English style harness is optimised for fighting on foot - note the fully closed cuisse. It is all mild steel of varying thickness, made by Plessis, except the bascinet which I am in the process of finding a replacement for.
Ben van Koert wrote:

I absolutely love this picture. Truly heroic.
Re: Show Us Your Kits and Harnesses!
Ed Toton wrote:
I always love to look at photos of everyone else's armor. Anyone care to join me in posting some pictures of kits?

I've already started to discuss my late 13th C kit in another thread, but here are a few shots:

[ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ]

I'm sorry but this does not look authentic.
Daniel Hroza wrote:
Ed Toton wrote:
I always love to look at photos of everyone else's armor. Anyone care to join me in posting some pictures of kits?

I've already started to discuss my late 13th C kit in another thread, but here are a few shots:

[ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ]

Would you mind to explain that?
'll try, even if my English is poor. And I do not know the exact terminology in your language.Where to start?

Some tips:

For the late 13th century is most tipical ringmail complet. That means ring mail, ring gloves and ring hood conected together.
Riveted mail is welcome.
Like this [ Linked Image ]

Use belts with buckles used in late 13. century.

Leather gloves with some hobnails? Nonsense.

Boots looks like for riding a motocycle. Why boots, use ring trousers/legs on whoel leg.

Shield....modern colors used on?

Iron shoulders? for this period use ailettes
[ Linked Image ]
Well, first post is like 4 years old though, and I'm pretty sure that thread started had posted a lot of 'updated' stuff even recently, so this critique is a bit out of context now. ;)

Anyway, the kits in picture above look great, and very authentic indeed.

Congrats, if those are yours/your buddies.
Oh i miss that.

Those are my friends on our tournament. There was wide dating, whole 14. century, because we want to invite guys from 2 projects.

My role was to judge the tournament

(tournament of light armourbearers)
[ Linked Image ]
Daniel Hroza wrote:

As other have pointed out, the photos are old now. But yes, I even followed up in a later post where I quickly listed some examples of details that are not correct. I'm still improving details on it even now, but some examples of things that were approximations in those photos, rather than historically accurate details include things like: Wrong footwear which has since been corrected, belts were too heavy and thick, the pouches were just what I used at renfaires and were not correct, the crest was a modern-looking sculpture that has since been replaced with a leather heraldic dragon, the spaulders were out of period and have been replaced with aillettes since then. Other inaccuracies (cheats) are hidden from view.

An example of more recent improvements is riveted chausses with better footwear:

[ Linked Image ]
That s much better :!: Very nice belt.
Throwing myself into the mix. Mid 13c:

[ Linked Image ]

Details here:

http://dawnofchivalry.wikispaces.com/Biro%27s+Knight+Kit+-+1250
My current kit so far:

[ Linked Image ]

The undershirt, braies, and chausses are from Historic Enterprises, the gambeson was made by Steel Mastery, and I forget who made the shoes.

I made the mail coif and arming cap underneath. In fact, when I was making the ventail on my coif, I referenced your work on the page you linked above my post, Brian. Thanks for the help that you unknowingly provided; that kit is great, by the way!

I plan to crank out a hauberk and mail chausses over the summer. I've made two hauberks before, but never attempted chausses, hopefully it will go well!

Last edited by Joshua McGee on Mon 14 May, 2012 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Three awesome 13th Century posts in a row?
Awesome.
I <3 13thC. :lol:
Amazingly well executed kit Brian! I really want to have a good 13th century kit one day. Love the style.

Here's mine in it's latest form:

New helm, a fantastic grand bascinet by Via Armorari. It also has another visor for foot tournaments.
Hi Josh,

Great to know that someone found it useful! Looking at your kit - looking good - especially the coif :D

If you don't mind some constructive criticism, I think something about the overall sillhouette doesn't look typically 13c.. I think it's the gambeson being shortish. Probably all it needs is a decent knee-length tunic to sit under it - it should set the gamby off great while giving you a better period shape - if you follow.

Ben,

Glad you like it! Your stuff looks awesome! I don't know the period so can't comment on accuracy - but it's visually stunning. Nice touch having matching straps/lance.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Page 64 of 100

Jump to: