Please ID this sword
can someone ID this sword? i mean what culture its from.

Attachment: 8.77 KB
31qORzwUxBL._SS500_.jpg

It appears to be a poor rendition of an early Celtic sword. May I inquire as to why you ask?
My girlfriend bought it on amazon and it was listed as a "viking" sword and i knew their swords didn't look like that so i decided to stop lurking and ask the experts, yeah i know amazon's not the best place to buy this stuff but the Paul chen replica's are way out of our price range at the moment.
This one is pretty close to it??

http://kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=KRSC...ltic+Sword

Paul

Attachment: 19.36 KB
KRSCT.jpg

thanks! i'm more into the viking style swords and katanas (have a real one from japan)
Right, it's a copy of Kris Cutlery's sword (illustrated above). These are referred to as "Celtic" swords, and are vaguely copies of bronze-age swords from Central Europe (Urnfield culture, I believe). The main inaccuracy is that these are made of steel rather than bronze (iron-age Celtic swords (La Tene era) tend to be straight and much longer).
That being said I have a Kris Cutlery Celtic sword (An older model with the brass hilt furniture). It's a very nice short sword and a great cutter, despite being a bit heavier than it should probably be.
Please I.D. this sword
As far as I know, most La Tène swords don't have U-shaped guards.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: