Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Peter Johnsson wrote:
The Principe is next on my work list for wax carving.

:-)

Sorry, I did mean Alexandria.
Too much stuff crammed into my small mind.

Hmmm... so the Alexandria is chosen before the Principe? Was there more pre-orders for the Alexandria than the Principe, or any particular reason to do the Alexandria before the Principe? Either way, I suppose the Principe wouldn't be far behind the Alexandria I suppose. From what I recall, the Principe was more aesthetically appealing that the Alexandria, but I'll have to take a look again to make sure. I'll have to find that drawing and compare again.
i would pay for that book , just name your price ! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
David Lannon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Usergroups:
Basic Members

Posts: 130 Posted: Wed 23 Jun, 2010 1:50 pm Post subject: Beautiful Sword!

Peter, I love this sword. I am a sucker for a cut and thrust types. You know, if you published all your sketches in a book with a paragraph or two on the type/dimentions/history etc... I am sure it would sell out. Just a thought.

Cheers
Dave Lannon

Chris, Albion Europe said the Principe is coming out first.
Peter Johnsson wrote:
The Principe is next on my work list for wax carving.

:-)

Sorry, I did mean Alexandria.
Too much stuff crammed into my small mind.

That's what I thought Paul, but this is from Peter himself, as noted above, he 'corrected' himself and said Alexandria it seems?
If Søren has promised the Principe first, then the Principe will be put first in line.

I stand corrected.

(But I will most probably work on Principe and Alexandria side by side anyway ;-)
This is great news. I'm really looking forward to the Alexandria.
Peter Johnsson wrote:
If Søren has promised the Principe first, then the Principe will be put first in line.

I stand corrected.

(But I will most probably work on Principe and Alexandria side by side anyway ;-)

Hehe, that sounds great. I think it was simply that I have so many swords with the Alexandria pomel type, that I chose the Principe... Ideally it would be great to have them come out about the same time so I could pick between the two without regret.
Looking forward to any updates on these 2 swords. I am actually heading to finish one of my custom racks and this will be the last sword on that rack.
Waxes are being done, can be viewed on Albion Europes Facebook page. Hilt looks long, blade looks wide. Very nice.
I really like the look of these and can’t wait to see the final proportions, would love to know how thick they are going to be at the ricasso?

I would also love to see a summary post by Peter if he is able to find the time of the production process, and what he goes through to produce the finished product, really impressive work.
I recall something like a 5mm thick spine at the guard and 79mm wide.
This is good news... I wonder how long until we can get the swords in our hands? Very exciting.
Any news on this????????????
Last I heard from Albion was in early April, and that the blades were being heat treated and that the castings for the hilt components were in from the foundry. So it should be out soon!
Hey I was trying to get a look at the swords in the Leeds royal armories and I saw this picture on google images.

[ Linked Image ]

That looks like the actual sword the principe was based off of. I don't know if it is but it looks just like it.
I just got an email that my Principe is in the mail and will be here late this week or early next week!
Addison C. de Lisle wrote:
I just got an email that my Principe is in the mail and will be here late this week or early next week!

Awesome! I want that sword but they still haven't put it up on their website yet.
Addison C. de Lisle wrote:

Great news! I hope that you will have some photos to share with us. I'm curious how that sword turned out.
I am very happy with my Principe... excellent proportions.

Next up: XXII with the biggest blade possible... Just like drawn by Peter in the prior catalogs. Hoping for that massive XXII
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Page 4 of 4

Jump to: