Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Ditto to all of the above, thanks for running the contest!
Fantastic its great seeing new venders. A BIG thank you to Edge Fair!
Ah, the Irish Viking tempts me so and I would not say no to the other one either! :)

Excellent competition!
Yeah That Irish viking sword is very tempting indeed. The blade and fuller look well made and even, at least as far as I can tell from the cutting demo video on their website.

Wish they would release their Crecy sword soon as well, it looks interesting too.

J
I'm impressed with the Irish Viking sword. It feels great in the hand and I want to cut something with it... but didn't spend too much time with it because I have to keep it pristine for the giveaway. I fear that leaving it out of the box too long will mean I'm taking it out back to slice a few things up.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
I'm impressed with the Irish Viking sword. It feels great in the hand and I want to cut something with it... but didn't spend too much time with it because I have to keep it pristine for the giveaway. I fear that leaving it out of the box too long will mean I'm taking it out back to slice a few things up.

That only makes me hope against all hope (considering the probale ammount of entries) that I might get it, it looks really nice.
Nathan, if I win, I'll let you cut with it. No problem at all. ;)
Always nice to see new venders that get how to gain a loyal clientele. Bravo and thank you Edge Fair
So, point of order: Do the winners actually get a choice in which sword they get, or do you draw one winner for the great sword and one for the viking?
Anders Backlund wrote:
So, point of order: Do the winners actually get a choice in which sword they get, or do you draw one winner for the great sword and one for the viking?

Hi-

The system will randomly choose two winners. The first name chosen will get the Tinker Great Sword. The second name will get the Irish Viking Sword.
Nathan Robinson wrote:

The system will randomly choose two winners. The first name chosen will get the Tinker Great Sword. The second name will get the Irish Viking Sword.

I figured it was something like that, but the name of the contest threw me off. Thanks for clarifying.
Anders Backlund wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:

I figured it was something like that, but the name of the contest threw me off. Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, not really a "choice" is it?
Up until now, I thought the winner would get to choose.

Murphy :cool:
"Choose your weapon" is because there was a poll in a topic before this one where members chose which of Hanwei products they would like to win. These two were chosen...
Luka Borscak wrote:
"Choose your weapon" is because there was a poll in a topic before this one where members chose which of Hanwei products they would like to win. These two were chosen...

Exactly. Thanks for adding this. :)

To others, this is why the contest description says:

Quote:
Last fall, the guys at CAS / Hanwei asked us to choose our weapon and we did! They reached out to the members of myArmoury.com and ran a survey asking for us to vote on items that we'd like to receive as prizes for an upcoming contest. The votes were tallied and the top two picks were sent to me shortly after. I've had the prizes for a couple months and now the time has come to run this contest and give 'em away to two lucky winners!

I'm sorry for any confusion that the topic title alone may have caused.
Both are beautiful looking swords and I would be more than happy with either. I'm flexible - I can create mayhem outside with the Great Sword and equal mayhem inside with the Viking Sword (sorry my berserker ancestry is coming to the fore here!).
Hey, there's only one more week left for this contest. If you haven't entered yet, do so now. It's free.

Two swords. Two winners. No drama. No strings attached.

Why not?
This is an awesome contest. I've never seen anything like this on any forums.
Great contest and very kind of Edge Fair to offer the prizes. Good luck to everyone...and by that I mean i want the Viking!!!
Drool etc... :-)
Nathan Robinson wrote:
The system will randomly choose two winners.

Darn, does it really have to be random Nathan? :lol:
So excited!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: