Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > FS Modified Merctailor 15/16th Century Legs Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sat 31 Dec, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: FS Modified Merctailor 15/16th Century Legs         Reply with quote

These will cover the cost of posting out an outstanding multi piece heat blued commision i'll be finishing off this week as well as a 1/8 brass rivet reload ( and the new back tire I'll have to get Monday to replace the one with the whopping great roofing nail in it ). I have for sale a modified pair of the 15/16th century legs we used to sell. Made mostly from parts ( I had to cut out the variant wrap plates but I got some good cheap 16 gauge from a scrap yard run back on Monday so its an offset ). They have a full length medial ridge running from the demi greave all the way to the lower cuisse plate, hand rolled edges, counter sunk where approrpriate, beveled plate edges where approproate and two wrap plates rather than the one we used to make also being larger for more coverage, held in place by hand made hinges with light file and chisel work decoration. All buckles are hand made and attached to the leathers with a steel strap end and are lightly decorated. All articulation is slot riveted with the exception of the inside of the leg portion of the top cuisse plates which are on leathers for full collapes in a bend.

I was the model for them and am thouroughly average with 23 1/2 inch thighs ( the hinged wrap plates allow for size variation ), 17 1/2 inch knees and measure 33 1/2 inches from the bridge of the ankle to the point where the thigh bends at the pelvis and they fit me fine. I'd like to get $250.00 for plus shipping ( a fair bit less than we used to get for the regular legs ).

Feel free to ask any questions. Paypal, check or money order is fine.

Attachment: 57.38 KB
modified 15th century legs reduced.jpg

Attachment: 70.58 KB
modified 15th century legs wrap plates reduced.jpg

Attachment: 57.44 KB
modified 15th century legs hinges reduced.jpg

Attachment: 38.98 KB
small pauldron buckle reduced.jpg

Edward Rees

PostPosted: Sat 31 Dec, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

PM sent.
The church is close but the roads are icy; the tavern is far, I will walk carefully.
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 31 Dec, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The legs are spoken fop.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > FS Modified Merctailor 15/16th Century Legs
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic