Go to page Previous  1, 2

In-freaking-sane!! :eek: :D
Bravo! Gorgeous work! Thanks for the additional pics Craig.
The two greatest reproduction sword scabbards of our time, premiering back to back on myArmoury within days of each other?

We are blessed!

- Gregory
More pics
Hi Guys

I am sure Josh would post his thanks for the positive feed back. I am not sure what his access will be for the next couple days but he will try to get on and hopefully add some pics when they are in situ :) He did a stag's head crest for Dom' helm as well and when the whole is together it should be quite the incredible look.

Here are some close-ups of the hilt of the sword to highlight what Chad was mentioning.

Attachment: 133.25 KB
JSDDhilt002.jpg
Hilt front

Attachment: 176.95 KB
JDSDhilt03.jpg
Hilt back side

Attachment: 232.72 KB
JSDDswdH003.jpg

Craig: Those extra pics really bring out the richness of detail of the work.

Sort of look like weapons made for a king or a very very rich Duke or Prince. :D :cool:
These pics. are just making my head hurt. Too much wonderfullness to process!!!
I see from the new photos, I was mistaken about the top image on the scabbard. It looks to be a knight battling a dragon (Saint George, perhaps?) But there is an image of two knights jousting just below. Lol...knew there should be one somewhere, on the scabbard for such a noble sword! :D All five of the images, as well as the colored vegetal motifs, are all so detailed. I love the design of the top of the rondel scabbard. The rounded part makes sense for a dagger of this shape.

Anyway beautiful leatherwork, though I know that is such an understatement.

And I won't even begin to try to comment on the sword and dagger. This is not a period I have alot of interest in, so I haven't seen that many sword/dagger sets from this era, but I can say these are the most exquisite ones I have ever laid eyes on.
Beyond well done Josh.
Be proud and be productive.

Ric
Hello again,

Sorry for the delay, but here are some requested detail shots of the tooling, they are progress shots so no paint or hanging system yet.

Josh

Attachment: 202.15 KB
dompom.jpg

Attachment: 139.83 KB
dagscab01.jpg

Attachment: 158.52 KB
dagscab02.jpg

Here is the cascade of images down the scabbard, starting with Dominic's heraldry, the stag, then St. George and the dragon, mounted combat scene, hawking, a lady, and his motto: 'Spes Mea in Deo' (My faith is in God). We were working on the design to encapsulate the knightly virtues while keeping it personal and individualized.

Josh

Attachment: 162.67 KB
swdscabdetail01.jpg

Attachment: 163.98 KB
swdscabdetail02.jpg

Attachment: 178.87 KB
swdscabdetail03.jpg

Attachment: 181.26 KB
swdscabdetail05.jpg

Attachment: 159.56 KB
swdscabdetail04.jpg

Attachment: 132.63 KB
swdscabdetail06.jpg

Attachment: 130.13 KB
swdscabdetail07.jpg

Simply awesome work. I noticed in one pic,there are two roundish ?marks? on the top of the cross, one each side of the hilt..what do those represent ?
crescents
I'm not Josh, but those '' roundish'' marks seem to be crescents, in keeping with the theme he so brilliantly illustrated in this master's piece.
Josh`s work
Hello all,
I have had the great good fortune and privilege of seeing and handling these pieces in person and they are - in a single word - magnificent ...
I have a set of aged gothic style gauntlets that Josh did for me a few years back ... In future years I will be able to say I knew him when ...
Bloody brilliant work my friend .
Tim
Well done, that looks very nice indeed.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: