A couple of light weight Dane axes...
I have for sale these two Dane axes.
as modelled by my bearded Dwarven assistant (6 foot in his logging boots)
[ Linked Image ]

I got the distinct idea that there was a want for lighter Dane axes, so I have made these ones into really fast light axes...
the heads weigh under 1.5lb .
The axes are priced at £280 each.

more details on my website.
http://owenbush.co.uk/knives-seaxes-axes-for-...s-224-225/
Wow, really handsome axes, and with heads weigh and dimensions they must be really terrifying weapons....

Congrats.

What wood are handles, BTW? Interesting color.
Thanks,
The handles are fire blackened ash. rubbed in linseed oil.
I have taken to this finish as a standard because i like it and because I find that i tend to mess up uncoloured ash when my grubby blacksmiths hands caress it.
They are frightening ... I think, Sweeny Todd has a serious competitor :surprised: :eek:

Regards
José-Manuel Benito wrote:
They are frightening ... I think, Sweeny Todd has a serious competitor :surprised: :eek:

Regards

and let me give you guys an assurence, when you grip 4foot 6 inch long danaxe A(different maker might i add) at the butt of the haft the butt of the haft and about halfeway up the shaft and swing it diagonally, it feels vicious, it just slices through the air with frightening speed

that axe seems to be the same weight and even longer, so id expect some serious oomph from those axes, (mine is a blunted axe so i have no idea as to its true cutting potential.

these axes will give even freddy and jason a run for their money (just never let a guy with a hockey mask buy one of yours owen, those guys are nasty enough with those reletively unwieldy wood axes...
:p damnit owen.. your stuff is too good..
Lovely work Owen, I really like the work you have been putting into axes of late and some really good stuff is coming out of the effort.

I also want a poster of that picture for the workshop wall when are you doing the limited print run?

Tod

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: